Tomorrow I start

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I'm starting a 7-9 day trip tomorrow. I'm having a little trouble getting fired up about it, but I know once i get out of my "back yard" I will start to feel differently.

Originally I was going to meander across NM to Cortez, CO and then do CO141 (awesome road recommended by Phil a couple of years ago) up to Grand Junction and overnight in Green River UT. Then make the Escalante Staircase run from east to west. BUT the temps have cooled to a place outside my comfort range.

So I am going to re-ride some nice roads in AZ instead. My last trip I zig zagged north and south from the SE corner of AZ. This time I am going to basically do the same trip but in reverse.

I am going to beat it over to Surprise, AZ (summer home of the TX Rangers) The run up to Cottonwood via 89 from the south thru Prescott and Jerome. I am going to forego the section of 89A from Sedona to Flagstaff; Its a nice road but the tourists in Sedona create too much traffic.

Then Cottonwood to Globe and up thru the Salt River Canyon to Show Low.
Then Show low to Morenci via the Western Dragon, AZ191...formerly known as Hwy 666.
Then start for Dallas

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
I'm having a little trouble getting fired up about it, but I know once i get out of my "back yard" I will start to feel differently.
Having the same issues I can relate, but once out there I could go on for months...

Have fun, riding is best to clear out your mind, stay safe!

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
ride safe, have fun ...

Top Bottom