Tool Kit Location

And don't tell me to ride like I'm in my grandfather's Oldsmobile

If your grandfather had drove a classic big block 442 your tools would be scattered across two states....:wink: I put my tools in a zip pouch at the bottom of the right hand side saddlebag liner. Out of the way and they didn't shift around much...

Mine go in the right panier. It is a tool roll, patch kit and pump.
When traveling I keep my camping stuff in the paniers (except for the tent which won't fit)
Clothes go in the dry duffel on the trunk rack.
If I camp the stuff comes out of the paniers.
If I go to a motel I just carry in my dry duffle and tank bag (and tent).

The space under the seat is pretty much wasted.

On the Explorer and the NT, I dedicate(d) the smaller pannier for tools, tire gauge, slime tire inflator, rok straps, rain liners, first aid kit, gorilla tape, stop-n-go worm plugs, a rag, bike half-cover, etc. Basically things I want with the bike all the time. I wasn't lucky enough to receive a tool kit with the NT, but the Explorer did come with one - I do keep that under the seat since there's a spot specifically for it.

All my tools get rolled up in an old towel, secured by large rubber bands, then stuffed TIGHTLY in the pass thru. Put 'em there cause it's a Honda and I'll never need them - right?

Keep my tool kit at the dealership. With a 5 year warranty and road side service they get to turn the wrenches.

WP_000032.jpg
The OEM tool kit under the seat. I also have a "Man bag" (popular with the French) which has more tools, bungees, tyre repair stuff etc. in the baguette hole.

You might notice the U lock as well

Keep my tool kit at the dealership. With a 5 year warranty and road side service they get to turn the wrenches.

Excellent! No tools frees up enough space in the crossover for a French baguette, or a nice bottle of red wine. I'll have to consider your option carefully.

My tools are in a Helen 2Wheels tool roll at the bottom of my right-band bag liner (mine is a genuine Honda UK Deauville bag that I got with my 1st set of big lids. It's identical to the Bestem bag). I also carry my Aerostitch compressor, a Stop n' Go plug kit along with some sticky worms, my heated jacket, my cold weather gloves and my Geza bike cover in the right pannier.

I carry most of my tools in the top box, If the pannier bag lock/latch gremlins should come to visit when I need tools I don't want to be up the creek with a hole in my canoe! As previously said the 1-800 help is good as well as my long term full warranty, but there are some places where the cell will not reach out and touch from.

Back
Top Bottom