[Review] Tour Master Solution 2 boots

1fastbob

I am required to wear steel toed boots at my job so I wear them when riding my NT. Red Wing pull on size 10D. They are wide at the toe and pretty heavy, but you get used to them pretty quickly. I just replaced my Red Wings with Justin steel toes, but haven't ridden the bike since I got the new boots cause it's been too damned hot. Would I buy special motorcycle riding boots? Uhhh, no.

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Justin steel toes,
I wore Justin Ropers as my riding boots for years and like you, wore them to work too. They just don't seem to work as well with the NT (My short legs again), plus for some reason they just don't go on and off as easy as when I was a bit younger. I like zippers and velcro these days. If I could safely ride in my moccosines I would!:cool:

elizilla

Would I buy special motorcycle riding boots? Uhhh, no.
Here's where I prove I'm a real girl. I have four pairs. ;) But seriously, I have dropped a bike on my foot. SAD! And the heavily armored boot protected not just my toes, but my ankle. My foot was trapped under the bike and I couldn't pull it out. But when two men came over and lifted the bike off my foot, I had no injury. I've heard that the most common motorcycle-related injuries are to the legs and feet.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Rick, are you gonna stay with the Tourmaster Response boot? I bought a pair last summer and really like 'em a lot.

Mike

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
I've been riding with a pair of the Solutions, prior to "2". Love em... Dry feet are nice when it's raining outside. I quickly learned to pull by jeans up above the boots when I put on the rain suit and that way my pants stay dry and it doesn't soak into my socks. I'm totally sold on the Tourmasters and just purchased the Solution 2's for my lady friend for her birthday and she loves em. She has been using a pair of Harley riding boots for several years and they are not waterproof. That is great in itself. Great boots ! Edit: Mine were refered to Solution WP (for waterproof). They look just a wee bit different, here is a link http://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/view_product_images/671

DJ

Last edited:

ccRider246

I have had the Tourmaster Response for about the last 15000 miles. They are my favorite for longer rides. Nice light weight. I ride daily to work but I use a work shoe that I bought at Walmart. it is a Dr. scholes and cost about 20.00. Very comfortable, not steel toed but very hard. I have harness boots if I need to be dressed a little nicer than Jeans or work slacks. The Response are about worn so I may buy another pair next year unless something better turns up.

Top Bottom