Tourmaster Heated Gloves

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
As I mentioned in an earler post, I decided to go the heated glove route vs heated grips. I ordered a set of Tourmaster heated gloves and installed 'em several weeks ago. The weather has now turned a tad chilly, so I began to use them on my morning commute several days ago. Both of the days have had morning temps near 30 degrees. WOW!! What a difference! I hop on the bike and fire it up and plug myself in. By the time I get the gloves on, they are beginning to heat up nicely. The temp controller has a five position temp control and so far I have only used setting two. During my 25 mile (one way) commute, my hands have stayed toasty warm with nary a chill. They ain't cheap (what good stuff is?) but IMHO they have been worth every penny. I'm looking forward to some colder days so I can see how they perform when the mercury drops into the teens. If y'all want more info, just let me know.

Mike

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Are you plugging them in to another garment, or straight to the controller?

I like Tourmaster products. I think they give good value and are made well.
The only heated garment I have are the gloves, thus I am plugged directly into the controller. Last year I rode down to 15 degrees without any heated stuff and the only part of me that got cold were my hands. I figger that the gloves are all I need.

Mike

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
I use the Gerbing brand. I like the 3 yr warranty and made in USA. Use a dual temp controller, also have a heated vest(no sleeves). Will just be starting my 2nd year with them. Big difference with helping to stay warm.

emschwend

As I mentioned in an earler post, I decided to go the heated glove route vs heated grips.
I too recently purchased the Tourmaster gloves (the all leather ones) and used them this past weekend. It was absolutely wonderful to feel the heat on my hands, as it was pretty chilly in the VA mountains. I actually wired the controller up through the right storage pocket. Now, I just have to plug in from there instead of the side of the NT. I can post pics, if anyone is interested. The gloves are surely going to come in handy later this winter. They have a temp range of 109-167ish degrees. That is VERY nice.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I too recently purchased the Tourmaster gloves (the all leather ones) and used them this past weekend. It was absolutely wonderful to feel the heat on my hands, as it was pretty chilly in the VA mountains. I actually wired the controller up through the right storage pocket. Now, I just have to plug in from there instead of the side of the NT. I can post pics, if anyone is interested. The gloves are surely going to come in handy later this winter. They have a temp range of 109-167ish degrees. That is VERY nice.
I chose the left pocket lid because I keep the portable controller on the left side of the jacket. This works really well and makes for a nice clean install. I use a coil cord extension to span the distance from the controller to the lid's panel port. Pics of my install are on my photobucket site.

Top Bottom