TPM System does it job!

Mike, I had used a Stop'n'Go plug on my 1st PR3 the morning before I left for Spearfish on my BBG (1500 miles in 24 hrs) last summer. The BBG didn't pan out due to bad planning and execution, but the tire got me to Spearfish. The next day we went looking for a tire for Rick's bike and after not finding one, stopped for brunch. When we came out my plugged tire was flat. We tried to replug it and couldn't stop the leak. We then tried using gummy worms and that didn't work either, so I had to buy a new tire, which required being towed to Rapid City. If we could have stopped the leak, I probably would have kept riding that PR3. It had lots of tread still on it. The Roadsmart 2 I bought in Rapid was squared off pretty badly when I replaced it a couple of months ago.

I chickened out! After several days of daily air ups and much contemplation of replugging the Dunlop, I decided to bite the bullet and get a new Roadsmart 2 installed on the rear. The deed is now done! I had about 16K miles on the old one and aside from a little squaring on the center tread, there was a LOT of life left in the old tire treadwise. I'm guessing that without my puncture mishap, it would have run 20-24K miles before needing replacement due to wear. I am staying with the front tire as it still has a lot of tread left so at least (barring mishaps) I will be able to see how long the Dunlop will last on the front. I went with another Roadsmart 2 since I was very pleased with the performance and longevity of the tire.

Mike, would you still give your TPMS a thumbs-up?

Absolutely, without question! Best farkle investment I have made. You have no idea the peace of mind it offers every time you fire up the bike to see 36/42. My practice before the TPMS was to check the tire pressures weekly, now it is done everytime Traveller fires up.

Mike

Mike, I am pleased with the TPMS, although I used a different mounting location than the vent. however, I also noticed the TPMS sensors have an August 2011 manufacture date so I am a little concerned with their longevity. Attached are some photos. Also shown is the Centech auxilliary fuse block I mounted to power it. I just need to move the 12VDC lighter socket mounted in the my right side stash pocket from driectly fed from the battery to the new fuse block.

Attachments

• photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 9
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 10
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 8
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 6
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 8
Absolutely, without question! Best farkle investment I have made. You have no idea the peace of mind it offers every time you fire up the bike to see 36/42. My practice before the TPMS was to check the tire pressures weekly, now it is done everytime Traveller fires up.

Mike

Mike, which TPM system do you have installed?

Eldon

The Orange Electronics unit. M202 IIRC. The same one Rob just installed,

Back
Top Bottom