Transient Fault.

Bugwash.

BUGWASH
Bike
HONDA NT700VA
Hi, just been out for my first spin since Oct on my NT 700. when driving through traffic at low speed I was dropping power momentarily as if I had turned off and on the ignition. Then all would be fine until I slowed down again and same again, Does not happen when I pick up speed, only at low speed. Has anyone else experienced this I wonder ? or any ideas for a remedy. Thanks.

OP
OP
Bugwash.

Bugwash.

BUGWASH
Bike
HONDA NT700VA
Many thanks to you all, unfortunately this morning bike would not start at all, so I contacted the dealer where i bought it last June and he has sent out a recovery vehicle and taken it in. I am hoping he might repair it under warranty as I have put less than 1000km on it since i got it. Bike has only 15k on the clock.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Bugwash.

Bugwash.

BUGWASH
Bike
HONDA NT700VA
Well a big thanks again to Warren and 97af just had bike returned from the dealer, as you both said plug caps were the issue. just been out for a spin and all is well again. Phil, bike was returned today and money was not mentioned by the dealer or ME.
I assume the job was done under warranty. In fairness they were very helpful all round.

Thanks again Guys,
Bugwash.

Bike
Red NT
Perfect!!! Always love hearing a great result. And the solution after the fact. Glad all's good.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Glad to hear it's running well again, and that they didn't mention you needing to pay for it. Since it was just the plug caps, the pickup and delivery was likely their biggest expense, and now they've managed to generate customer goodwill and loyalty.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Glad that the problem seems to be solved. This is the first instance of a no start condition that I've heard of caused by plug caps though. Usually it is idle quality or dies at idle mainly when hot.

Mike

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I'm not saying it's not fixed. I hope it is. I just found it unusual that spark plug caps could cause a no start condition. I have not seen that failure caused by spark plug caps before. I very well could be wrong..... I'm wrong all the time.... just ask my wife.....

Mike

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Bug:

The proof is in the pudding as they say. If it's working well, you can't argue against success!

:thumb:

Mike

Top Bottom