Travel Trip, Midwest To Texas!

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
2500 mile trip staring tomorrow on the NT, so there maybe a NT sighting of me in Central-Western Kentucky tomorrow,Poplar Bluff Missouri tomorrow Evening,Arkansas (Hope) Tuesday Evening, Eastern and Central Texas Wednesday thur Sunday,back thru Arkansas Sunday-Evening in Wynne,next Monday Arkansas, Kentucky to return Home! Maybe see you on the road!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
2500 mile trip staring tomorrow on the NT, so there maybe a NT sighting of me in Central-Western Kentucky tomorrow,Poplar Bluff Missouri tomorrow Evening,Arkansas (Hope) Tuesday Evening, Eastern and Central Texas Wednesday thur Sunday,back thru Arkansas Sunday-Evening in Wynne,next Monday Arkansas, Kentucky to return Home! Maybe see you on the road!
Pack your rain gear Daryl. You may be in for some showers in MO.

Mike

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Pack your rain gear Daryl. You may be in for some showers in MO.

Mike
No rain gear to pack! All my riding gear is Gortex, have not needed rain gear for over 20 years now Ha Ha! Yeah Mike I've been watching the forecast for my whole trip and it figures I planed a extra day just to ride backroads of Arkansas but looks like I may skip that plan and just leave Poplar Bluff late Morning and just make a direct route to Hope Arkansas.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
No rain gear to pack! All my riding gear is Gortex, have not needed rain gear for over 20 years now Ha Ha! Yeah Mike I've been watching the forecast for my whole trip and it figures I planed a extra day just to ride backroads of Arkansas but looks like I may skip that plan and just leave Poplar Bluff late Morning and just make a direct route to Hope Arkansas.
One of the nice things about modern riding gear is that you dont need rain gear.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
Riding in all weathers and using Gore Tex, I've found that even Gore Tex has its limits. I carry a very light, impermeable nylon jacket a trousers set which I put on for "Frog Stranglers". I got them from B&Q (Home Improvements store). They take up nearly no room and can fit under the seat in the rear light recess if needs be.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
2500 miles, after that I need a custom seat!

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Glad you made it back OK! Hope you had a great trip..... all things considered...

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Many years ago, some friends on a long, long trip started to suffer terminal butt burn so had to come up with a solution to continue. What they did was pull into the next Wal-Mart and buy a small air cushion seat made for a hunter's tree stand. According to them it worked great and was under $20 but don't know how much they cost these days?

Last edited:

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Many years ago, some friends on a long, long trip started to suffer terminal butt burn so had to come up with a solution to continue. What they did was pull into the next Wal-Mart and buy an small air cushion made for a hunter's tree stand. According to them it worked great and was under $20 but don't know how much they cost these days?
I don't have a lot of meat on the old posterieor and have endured what I can only describe as extreme discomfort on long trips. What worked for me was getting one of those blow-up travel neck pillows. It literally saved my bacon, Lol, until I finally got a proper Air Hawk and eventually a Russell Day-Long.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'd lost about 65 pounds when I traded for Horse in the summer of '20. I kept the same Russell Day-Long Heavy Duty I'd had for more than 9 years. On the way home from Spokane, I realized that I was having some butt burn. I got a Russell Sport Seat (which doesn't have the transverse spring that's on the Day-Long or the Day-Long Heavy Duty. It's much more comfortable for me and it's at least an inch to an inch and half lower than the standard Day-Long. I'm very happy with it.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
So, how much weight did you gain? 😋
I think I may have lucked out and broke even, been on the Keto diet since mid January lost 25 pounds about 2 lbs a week didnt weight myself when I got back so guess that means I didn't gain any Ha Ha!

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
I'd lost about 65 pounds when I traded for Horse in the summer of '20. I kept the same Russell Day-Long Heavy Duty I'd had for more than 9 years. On the way home from Spokane, I realized that I was having some butt burn. I got a Russell Sport Seat (which doesn't have the transverse spring that's on the Day-Long or the Day-Long Heavy Duty. It's much more comfortable for me and it's at least an inch to an inch and half lower than the standard Day-Long. I'm very happy with it.
I maybe interested in The Russell Sport Seat or a Sargent Custom Seat I've sent Sargent a couple seats and had them make it to my specs and had all day comfort for me, may just come down to cost I'm sure I would be happy with ether The Russell Sport seat or Sargent custom seat. The stock seat is not to bad but after a couple hours I feel it a bit and the older the seat gets the more the stock seat foam will break down.

Top Bottom