Traveller's new stablemate

I had an all black 1983 XV Virago 750 for years. I loved that bike except the starter was so weak you were never sure of you turned it off if you could get restarted. It was an adventure but finally it just wore out and its probably enjoying its second life as beer cans.

Wendell

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Mike, you got it...but it would be more visible if you hadn't downsized it to thumbnail size. If you do the same thing with a "normal" sized picture, it will show up as a thumbnail in your post, but can be enlarged. Like so:

20180519_120818.jpg
Dunno how to do that, Phil

Mike

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
1983 XV Virago 750
Wendell I had one also. Midnight Virago black with gold chrome trim. I really liked it but the starter was a problem. It sure made a racket when it kicked out while trying to start the bike.
5.  1983 Yamaha 750 Midnight Virago.jpg

Brad

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Dunno how to do that, Phil

Mike

Mike, if you look at your picture on your computer, if it's not the thumbnail size it is in your post, all you have to do is insert it into your post, using the "insert image" tool on top of your Quick Reply box. It's the 3rd from the right. Click on that, browse your pictures for an image you want to insert, upload the image, and send the message.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Phil, I rise in defense of Mike here. On my third grade spelling test "thumbnail" was not a size, but rather something attached to my hand. You've got to remember who your talking to here.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Jim, Mike passed third grade.
Ya, I was stuck in school a long time memorizing things I didn't care about and doing math on a slide rule. I think I wore out my memorizer cause I can't remember nutin' anymore. I still got my slide rule - just can't remember where I put it. I always wonder what a success I could have been if they hadn't suppressed my creativity with all that learnin' and discipline in school.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Mike, if you look at your picture on your computer, if it's not the thumbnail size it is in your post, all you have to do is insert it into your post, using the "insert image" tool on top of your Quick Reply box. It's the 3rd from the right. Click on that, browse your pictures for an image you want to insert, upload the image, and send the message.
I believe that is exactly what I did..... <sigh>

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I believe that is exactly what I did..... <sigh>

Mike
Try it one more time with a picture that you know is "normal sized"...something like 4600X3600 pixels or over 3.0 MB in size. See if that helps.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I had a 72 XS 650. It was my first "large" motorcycle. Loved the bike. Still remember the vibration. Bike was murdered by a driver in a custom van with covered back windows and a loud stereo that backed into me. Replaced by a full-dress Honda CB 500 4. Cruise control on that bike was a thumb screw on the throttle.

Top Bottom