[Review] Traxxion Dynamics front suspension

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I’ve always been happy with my NT, except for the front suspension. To me, the front springs are too light which gives the steering a vague feel, too much brake dive, and the damping always seemed inconsistent. I tried different weights of fork oil and different preload spacers with no real success, so I figured it was time for some professional help. After talking to Dan at Traxxion Dynamics, I decided to remove the forks before riding season started and send them to Traxxion for their AK-20 cartridge kits and springs. About 3 weeks later I had the forks back, equipped with trick preload and damping adjuster caps replacing the plain top caps.

I’ve put several hundred miles on the upgraded forks now, and I’m very pleased with the Traxxion components. The springs are a much better match to my weight than the stock pieces, and the damping with the cartridges is worlds ahead of the stock components. The front tire feels solidly planted on the road, and the bike holds its line nicely in a curve without much correction. Pavement irregularities like expansion joints don’t seem to upset the front end, it just stays in control. Brake dive is greatly reduced too. Ride remained about the same as the stock parts, maybe slightly better.

All things considered, a worthy upgrade I can highly recommend!

Brad

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I have several friends who've sent both fork and shock to Traxxion Dynamics and they rave about the transformation but it wasn't cheap!

At a more plebian level, there is a fork insert that solved my problem of the NT's excessive fork dive under braking and it allowed me to keep the softer, standard fork springs which I prefer over the stiffer aftermarket springs. It's called the Ricor Intimidator and it's primarily marketed for the Suzuki 650s with a price of $180.

Last edited:
Top Bottom