Two-Wheel Texan Pie Run - with Chuck500

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I don't have the chance to make the TWT Texan Pie Runs very often, but this one was just up the road from me at Port Aransas, near Corpus Christi. About 200 miles for me - 400 round trip.

We'd had a severe thunderstorm the night before, and the ride up there was kinda misty and yucky. When I got to the assigned restaurant - no bikes, and no cars except one. The driver waved me over and said he was the organizer - and I was the first person there. Then we realized the place was closed.

Turned out okay, though. We went across the street to eat, and as we perused the menu, I noticed a silver NT coming in. I finally had a chance to meet Chuck500 from Houston. I enjoyed meeting him - very pleasant gentleman. I know he is a gentleman because he rides a nice bike.

A smattering of others eventually showed up - nice conversation with some nice folks.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Doug,

The Port A run was just too long a haul for most folks outside your part of the world. Add in the volatile weather situation and I can see why the turnout was weak. There weren't that many folks committed to come in the first place...mainly the hard core guys and folks like you who felt it was close enough to make the run.
I would loved to have come but Dallas to Port A is not a fun ride (450 miles of slab) and would have been a full days' work just to get there.
As for Chuck: The first and only Pie Run I made so far was made pleasant only because Chuck showed up and I didn't feel like a black sheep at a family reunion. A very pleasant fellow indeed.
I'm keeping an eye out for Kickstand Prophet's next TWT campout and hope to attend.
Clay

OP
OP
Comanche
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Clay - I'm the opposite - most of the Pie Runs are too far for me, unless they are somewhere near Houston where I can combine the RTE with a visit with my daughter. I did that in February - when it was snowing in DFW.

I really don't know when I'll make another one. I have a grand daughter's graduation to attend in Florida next month, then the Spearfish trip in July. Once football season hits, I'm outta luck. I shoot football games for for a newspaper, and there is no way I can stay up late Friday night, then get up early enough the next morning to ride.

The Pie Runs are fun, though. I like the crowd and the variety of bikes.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Glad you and Chuck could represent for us. KP's Sunday meet and greets are more CenTex oriented so a better opportunity for you.

Top Bottom