UClear Pairing with Sena

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
The boom isn't so bad and the 20s has FM. The 20s is probably more expensive though.

I like the boom because it gives me the ability to move it closer in case there's lots of wind or if the helmet is loud.

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your actual question.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I can't answer since my brother and I could not get the Sena 20 and UClear to connect at all. Probably something we were doing wrong. It paired instantly with my Sena 10.

When we travel we leave the IC on all the time. Yes, it can be 'irritating' at times, but, that way there is no delay like when you have to activate it each time. For those who have used VOX in the old days, it's kinda like that 'ahhh' at the beginning to activate so the first word isn't cut off.

You can always put each other on speed dial and just call on the phone :)

just depends on how much conversation you want to have. :)

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
I have a Sena 10 and Coyote Chris has an Uclear 100. Last season we were able to pair them as "voice activated hot mic" ... but we were not able to get any of the other features to operate at the same time. I was hoping that there would be a software fix so I could have tunes available as well. The IC manufacturers seem reluctant to share pairing info with other mfgs products other than to advertise the capability.

... or operator error on my part.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
FWIW, when the com is activated between two Sena 10's either can activate, but, it takes several seconds and sometimes more than one try to get it hooked up. That's why we just left ours on all the time. It does mean things like GPS directions and music do not work at the same time, but, a phone call will interrupt.

That is one of the things the 20 is supposed to allow is more than one function at the same time, but, I don't know how that works.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Chris,

Once they were synced we had a voice activated IC. We did not have to do anything to initiate a conversation. I believe the process used a voice dialing feature of one headset which limited other functions.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Yes the range was approx 400 -500 yards line of sight. The Sena had a longer battery life on a single charge.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Depends on how quiet your helmet is.

In most cases I compare it to trying to listen to music in your car, with all the windows open, in between two semis on the interstate. No matter how good the speakers you have to overcome all that other noise.

So, yes, you clearly hear the music, but, if you like to enjoy music like you do in your living room or car, not gonna happen with an external speaker headset.

There are some that are better. I even know of one guy who gutted a really good pair of headphones and spliced those speakers into his helmet. He also gutted ttthe ear portion of his helmet and installed noise attenuating foam around the ears. He claims really good sound.

charlie

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
The only caution I have to offer is for when/if you ride without earplus (like I do around town). Do not turn the volume all the way up. There is enough volume to cause hearing damage from the UClear speakers (105dB).

When I put in my earplugs (-28dB) I usually do turn the volume almost all the way up to overcome highway noise.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I ordered the UClear 100 Plus over the weekend. I only want it for my GPS and iPhone. Will report on how it all works. I read there might some mounting difficulties with the speaker pockets in the Neotec as the speakers for the UClear are on the large size. $139.95 from Amazon.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Might have been mentioned before, but, adjust the speaker positions just right. If not, the volume and clarity is significantly reduced.

On the UClear make very sure the angles of the microphones are as close to the same as you can get. If they are off they won't be able to "triangulate" where your voice is and you get horrible background.

Hope you like yours as much as I like mine. I love not worrying about the mic boom/wire.

Top Bottom