Undercowl & Mic-O-Pegs Compatibility

Marker

Before I order an undercowl, can anyone tell me if there is any compatibility issues with my installed Mic-O-Peegs?

Thanks, Gary

OP
OP

Marker

Hey guys, help me out here. Dosent anybody have Mic-O-Pegs and an undercowel? I want to order the undercowl, but want to ensure I can installit when I already have the pegs installed.

Thanks, Gary

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Sorry. I have the undercowl but not the mic o pegs so I can't help. I think there are pictures of the undercowl that a forum member has posted so you might be able to figure out your question by searching for the posts.

Bike
'10 Silver NT700
I have the Mic-o-Pegs, but don't know what the undercowl is or where it resides. If you provide a bit more information, I may be able to take some photos of my bike for reference purposes. While I normally commute by NT700, the 6+ inches of snow/slush and bad drivers made it necessary for me to take four wheels to the train station this morning. :^)

OP
OP

Marker

I have the Mic-O-Pegs installed now and would like to put the Honda Undercowl on as well, but from all the pics I can find on the Forum, it does not look like I will be able to. I am wondering if anyone has both installed and if they had any problems.

The undercowl is about $300, so would like to take the guesswork out of the project.

Hopefully someone will come along who has done it or attempted to do it so I can learn from them.

Thanks, Gary

slider

I found this:
I think the same person that did the directions works for the US State Department

I found a 12.5mm drill on internet, it was $9.00 with shipping. I was going to use 1/2 but since I plan on keeping this bike for years, I took a bullet. The directions as bad as they are you most likely with see where everything goes. I now am looking at modify the bracket that came with the Mick-0-pegs, I thing it can be done and you can have both. I plan on long rides and I decided dry feet where most important, and this winter will work on bracket.
Here:http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?5026-Honda-OEM-undercowl-tips&p=97798&viewfull=1#post97798

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Hopefully someone will come along who has done it or attempted to do it so I can learn from them.
I don't know for sure but see if you can find any pics of RedBird's bike. I know he has the pegs but dont remember about the cowl

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I have the undercowl installed, so I when to an industrial supply and purchase a rectangular tube stock to space out the pegs so I could have both.

OP
OP

Marker

I have the undercowl installed, so I when to an industrial supply and purchase a rectangular tube stock to space out the pegs so I could have both.
Sounds like you have both installed. Do you have any pictures that can be posted?

Was it a matter of putting in a spacer between the peg block and the actual peg legs? If so how much are we talking about.?

Did you have to modify/cut out anything on the cowl?

Any additional info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

OP
OP

Marker

Just what is posted here. Miairhead posted that he had to use a spacer he manufactured to push out the Mic-O-Pegs to clear the undercowl.

I just purchased the undercowl on sale in the classifieds, so will have to work on getting them installed when I get home to my workshop.

In the meantime the weather here in Florida is improving daily so will continue riding until I have to head home to cold Ontario.

Thanks, Gary

Top Bottom