Update on cruise controls

Bike
2011 NT
Have a Vista Cruise on my NT which does not fit good and always slows down. Looking for one that will not break my bank and works.

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
well before you break the bank......I have one too. don't have a problem with it. don't know if we have same model or not, but I bought mine in jan 2012. I had to move my front brake assembly over to fit clamp on handlebar, does make handgrip about 5/8 shorter for the hand. the nut for clamping pressure is adjustable, so might not be enough to hold it in place. maybe take apart and use alcohol or a cleaner to wipe down the grip part. just a thought before you spend that unwanted dissolvable cash!!

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I adapted mine to the NT by drilling a couple of holes in the throttle side switch assy. Screwed the "bridge" part of the Vista Cruise to the switch housing. That puts the actuating lever on top which is where I like it.

I guess another question is in order. Do you have the all plastic Vista Cruise or the 'deluxe' model that has some steel pieces to it?

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
A close friend bought a "Go Cruise" throttle lock and it works great. It looks like a strange plastic or aluminum wrench that fits over the grip right next to the throttle and for friction it uses a wide band that you have to stretch onto the grip. You activate it with one finger then to disengage you close the throttle a tiny amount. She has an NT so I know it works on our bikes. They also have a deluxe model that has a adjuster knob so you can adjust the tension on that band and that's what she has.

I believe the price range on Amazon is $20 to $36, depending on what you get.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bike
2011 NT
Went back into all the info on cruise controls and saw where one twisted the handle bar clamp so the lever is on top just past the kill switch. Seems to be working fine now. Have to do a road trip to check for sure. Don't think it was mounted right in the first place. Thanks for the suggestions.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Yep, that's where mine ended up. I liked it there. I oriented the lever so I pushed it forward with the thumb to engage. Index finger could flip it back to disengage.

I adjust the tension so it is just enough to hold it in place, but, can still be turned to adjust the speed in increments.

Top Bottom