UPDATED:Brake/Tail Light Honda Topbox

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Got a Honda Topbox used for a good price and had just wired my old topbox with lighting so I just had to figure out how to get some lighting on the Honda box. This is what I done I had one led light from the last box so I used it and got another Bestem led wiring harness, only got about $30 in it. Here's some pics what yall think? Updated Part: Got some LED 12" strips Walmart automotive dept for $20 total for topbox lights $50 not bad most kits are over $100. Honda should put lights is topboxes. 2 new pics below.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Thank's Phil I really didn't know if it would show up that well though the
fake Honda plastic lens. I think it will help and it don't look to bad!

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
I will find out when the weather is better and I can get it on the street at night and give it a look.

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
how did you link up the light? did you use any-kind of removable connectors?

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
looks cool... and very functional :)

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
looks cool... and very functional :)
At first I did the top light, I had the ideal from my old box I had wired not to long ago and had the extra led light because they was sold in pairs. It worked pretty good but thought a little more would be even better and I saw a youtube video a guy wired led strip lights on his NC700X Honda box so I went to Walmart and got the same one's he used, here is his video

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
You've got it lit pretty good. If drivers are awake they will see you.

Brad

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
At first I did the top light, I had the ideal from my old box I had wired not to long ago and had the extra led light because they was sold in pairs. It worked pretty good but thought a little more would be even better and I saw a youtube video a guy wired led strip lights on his NC700X Honda box so I went to Walmart and got the same one's he used, here is his video
ok, this time what kind of connector did you use :cool::p

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
I used Posi-Tap brand connections for the wiring connections and to tap into the tail light (google Posi-Tap) and Bestem quick disconnect LED wiring harness from Bestem USA.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I used Posi-Tap on mine and they've lasted 8 years and 100,000 miles so far...

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
I may try that. You said you got strip lights at Walmart? What, out of the auto section? Do you recall the brand?
Yeah you can find them in the auto lighting section at Walmart they come in colors of red,white,and blue Alpena is the brand name. there 12 inch strips and don't go all the way down the side of the reflector lens there about 3 inches short of that but there work for me you could find longer ones but may cost more and may not be waterproof or as durable?

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Wonder if they're able to work, either terminal as ground? That is, doesn't matter which lead you use as hot?
LED's. Light emitting diodes. A diode is a one way current flow device so it is not likely they will work in your wiring plan if it is as I understand it.

Brad

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
Those lights look great, and will come in handy. I had put two round LED taillights on my other motorcycle and after riding through a really heavy rainstorm in West Virginia, I was really happy to have those extra lights on the back so I didn't get rear ended by a semi.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Those lights look great, and will come in handy. I had put two round LED taillights on my other motorcycle and after riding through a really heavy rainstorm in West Virginia, I was really happy to have those extra lights on the back so I didn't get rear ended by a semi.
*Thank's I think so to if I do say so myself, and hopefully they do help and there not there just to look pretty.

Top Bottom