Vietnam Vets day

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Bless all of you. You did what the POTUS asked of you, There is a good Vietnam exhibit at the National Museum of Military Vehicles at Dubois WY.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Nothing going on here either. A slight mention on the local news of about 30 secs.

In 1968 I enlisted in the Army at the age of 19 before my draft # came up. Enlisted for Nike Hercules Missel electronics, internal guidance systems maintenance. No Nikes in South East Asia but plenty in Europe.
Was assigned to Redstone Arsenal @ Huntsville Ala. for 30 weeks of AIT then on to Fort Bliss, Texas for a short three months and then on to Germany for 4 years, Long Story short. finished out my military career of 20 +years in the Biomedical Engineering / Repair and Maintenance field. 1968 to 1991. We all did our part for the Big Green Machine. I have the greatest respect for those that made the trip to South East Asia.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I was in ROTC Airforce about 1968 when the capt brought me into the office and said with my physical disablilities I could never be part of a flight crew,,,,but I could work in supply, etc. So I left ROTC and learned to fly and be an aircraft mechanic and avionics tech....then went to the College of education. My dad's brother got the DFC in WWII and the Airforce cross in Vietnam and dad was a conservative. One day, he took me aside and told me he and mom had been talking and if I was ever drafted, they would be taking me to Canada! Then I found out my draft number was 354 and I just had to go into the pool for one year and I was "safe." While I will always honor those in the military, Mellow wont let me express my feeling about those that sent our people and equipment over there and for what reasons. That was the time I stopped trusting the feral govt.

Top Bottom