Waiting for my 1999 NT650 to arrive

Hello from England. I am about to turn 60 and have been off bikes for about 20 years so decided an NT would be just the ticket. It is being delivered next week, it is a stolen recovered which may need some fettling but has no damage. £488!
It seems to have some decent upgrades, high screen, heated grips, foot deflectors, rear top box.
No signs of corrosion and stainless exhaust, must have been someone's pride and joy before being swiped. Just need to sort some new keys

Attachments

Welcome and enjoy your new ride! I have no idea what "fettling" means:biggrin: I just got my NT last year and put about 10,000 miles on it during the summer. I previously was driving a Honda Goldwing. I loved the bike and put 114,000 miles on it before giving it to my son. It was just getting too heavy for me as I turn 74. The NT fit the bill perfectly.

Cliff

Bike
1997 Yamaha Seca II
Congrats! I'm guessing you're buying it from the insurance company or something? You'd think they'd have the keys from the original owner. Ah well maybe you can get a locksmith to make you a new set of keys, anyhow congrats on the new-to-you bike.

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Welcome to the forums. You will love the NT. There are numbers on the key switch. A locksmith can cross reference those and make keys. A friend of mine just had some made for an older bike that he picked up, nearly the same way. Keys worked fine. Hope you can get those made. Good looking bike if that is a picture of it. Let us know how everything works out.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good to have you with us. I was interested in the NT back while I was riding the two 1999 Kawasaki Concours (you guys called it the GTR). Then I was in Europe for the '08 GTR rally in Switzerland and stopped at a Honda dealer in Mannheim and saw and sat on an '08 NT700. I've still never seen a 650 except for pictures. Enjoy yours!

Top Bottom