Wanted Right Inner Saddlebag

Gru

While removing the latching mechanism on the right bag, the plastic shattered, so I’m looking for the right bag, the lid is ok.see photo. Please contact me on this site or via text at 409-880-5384 put bag in your heading, or e mail pgrundy1@aol.com.IMG_0415.jpeg

Bike
2010 Red NT700
My left one has begun to fall apart in chunks. Wherever possible I have been using gorilla tape until I find a solution. I am not going to spend the kind of money it would take to replace that part
BTW, the company I work for is about to start selling this stuff. Might come in handy for various types of repait

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
My left one has begun to fall apart in chunks. Wherever possible I have been using gorilla tape until I find a solution. I am not going to spend the kind of money it would take to replace that part
BTW, the company I work for is about to start selling this stuff. Might come in handy for various types of repait

I'm afraid we are all going to deal with this at some point in time. The polycarbonate that was used in the panniers and housing just begins to crumble apart after so many years of exposure to UV radiation. I've repaired some cracks with metal stitches and plastic solvents and the areas are seemingly fixed but then it begins to crumble elsewhere. Perhaps some enterprsing soul will create molds of the affected parts and sell them at more reasonable prices than Mother Honda.

Mike

Reactions: ett
Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
It is a shame a part like that pannier bodywork could be the end of your ride as you know it. It is not a mechanical part or a frame structure. The way the bodywork is shaped to fit it would be difficult to replace with anything but the pricey Honda part.
It seems like I remember someone on here strapping soft bags where the original broken lids were. I did a quick search but did not see it.

Arknt

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
It is a shame a part like that pannier bodywork could be the end of your ride as you know it. It is not a mechanical part or a frame structure. The way the bodywork is shaped to fit it would be difficult to replace with anything but the pricey Honda part.
It seems like I remember someone on here strapping soft bags where the original broken lids were. I did a quick search but did not see it.

Arknt
A Brit on the UK website did just that. He removed the lids and inner panniers and came up with a soft luggage arrangement that looked very nice. Try the Deauville UK website.

Mike

Top Bottom