Washington State Ride 6/30-7/1 WONTOC?

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Joe Forstie and I have been playing around with some different rides that we could do on the weekend of June 29-July 1 Here is what we I came up with in 2 stages.

Day 1 Spokane -Omak 142 miles (via Davenport-GrandCoulee- gorgeous foothill country)
Omak - Winthrop 48 miles (State Rt 20 I believe...a nice mountain road)
Winthrop - Leavenworth 115 miles (beautiful via US 97 through Lake Chelan and parallels Columbia River to Wenatchee.
Total Day 1: 305 miles (this gives us plent of chances to stop and take pics and appreciate scenery)

Day 2 Leavenworth- Elllensburg 80 miles (via Blewitt Pass)
E-Burg - Yakima 22 miles (via the infamous and scenic Canyon Road)
Yakima-Connell 96 miles (skirts Hanford, cross the Columbia again then a ride through Columbia Basin Badlands)
Connell-Colfax 84 miles (State Rt. 26 through rolling hills of the Palouse)
Colfax-Spokane 60 miles (US 195)
Total Day 2: 340 miles

The roads are varied between state and US Hiways and we can avoid the "superslab" Interstates. The scenery switches from plains, to foothills to the Cascades, river canyon roads to the desert to the wheatfields of the palouse. I think the distance is perfect for 2 days and allows for us oldtimers to take frequent breaks without worrying about pushing to meet time constraints. We invite other NT owners (other bikes welcome also) to join us in part or full. Let one of us know if you would like to join us so we can make arrangements.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Way to go! I'm glad to see you're going to make something happen!

taldric

The ride I thought I had June 29 - July 1 turns out to be June 22 - June 24. So I might be able to meet up with you guys after all!

Still a chance person issues might intrude, but I'm going to pencil in a meet up.

Bike
2) 2010 red NT's
GAK!!! Pete is moving his shop and has to be out of the old place by the 30th. Can't make the ride but perhaps we can meet up in Leavenworth when you are done for the day. Any plans on where you're staying or where you may go for dinner?

One never knows, I may be on a semi nekkid NT. We picked up Prof's deer damaged NT, and I've started the rebuild on it. Taking the tank to be cleaned today, and will swing it by the welding shop. He's pretty sure he can tack up the itty bitty hole. Luckily (??) its in a spot that's covered by the fairing, so when its all put back together, you can't tell it was fix't.

taldric

Okay - so what's the plan for this weekend? Dinner in Leavenworth on Saturday?

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
I am not going to try this ride ,I am leaving on 4 July for about a 2000 mile loop to end up in Spearfish late pm of 10th or mid day 11th, will be in SLC over weekend 6-8 July.

eldon

OP
OP
enigmatic biker
Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
Joe and I will be arriving in Leavenworth by 5 pm on Saturday We will be coming from a loop through Omak to Winthrop to Lake Chelan to Leavenworth. We are staying at the Icicle Inn which is fairly close to Krystals where we met in April.
Sunday we are over Blewit to E-Burg then the Canyon Rd. to Yakima cutting accross to the Vernita Bridge then the Northern border of Hanford to Connell before heading to Colfax then back to Spokane.
If anyone wants to meet up in Leavenworth of anywhere else along the route, let me know. My cell# is 509 768-0426.
Hope to see ya.
Len

taldric

I don't think I am going to make it. Work didn't all get done today, so I am going to have work some over the weekend.

Have a great ride!

Top Bottom