Wee Instrument Cowl Meltdown

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I'm sure that is what happened. The siding on my house gets focused sunlight that bounces off a nearby window. After 1 summer, the siding was slightly buckling. You parked at the right angle to the sun and the shape of the shield was just right. Hope you bought a lottery ticket that day given all the star alignment you had going on. :cool:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
IIRC the Wee windshield is a tighter curve than the NT, that may create more of a lens effect cranking the heat up. The gap between the windshield and dash the stock brackets leave probably doesn't help either.

skiper

Bad Feng Shui I say.. Is everyone getting ready for this friday ? Star alignments may be passing GO again. Hold on boyz and girls - it may be a rough ride :)( No wheelies please. No dancing in the isle, turn your cell phones off and pray the captain isn't on medication. HAPPY CHRISTMAS and HOLIDAYS to one and ALL. May God bless..

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
First, I never cover anything on the bike when parked at work. Sits in the sun all day. Very high UV environment. No issues.

Second, this is a design flaw and should be covered by warranty. The car companies ignored the souwthwest environment for years until they had to start repairing finishes and interiors that failed out here. Now all the major mgs have proving grounds in the desert southwest to assist in the design process. Honda is one who does have a southwest US facility. So, why have a motorcycle that can't be left out in the direct sun for 14 hrs, in any orientation?

Do not let this go if it happens to you. Take the bike back to the dealer and make a claim on it. Even if outside the normal warranty period you should make the claim and force the "system" to see that there is a design flaw. Pre-existing damage probably occurred within the warranty period.

I say this because we had many arguments with Honda engineers over their inadequate designs. They were famous for insisting that the parts don't fail in Japan so it must be because of the owner that the part failed.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Boy Howdy, it just makes me wish I owned a BMW. Those Teutonic engineers achieve perfection with every part of the machines.

NOT! :)

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
Australians historically use "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year" but these days it is quite common to hear "Happy Christmas" but it does not seem correct to me!

Top Bottom