Weighted bar ends

Bike
2011 Black NT700
Is anyone using a weighted bar end to combat vibration?
Thanks, Clint

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
The bar ends on the NT are already weighted. Do you mean something more weighted or a different configuration?

OP
OP
daler
Bike
2011 Black NT700
Thanks Chuck, that's what I was looking for.
Clint

OP
OP
daler
Bike
2011 Black NT700
I was able to get a great deal on some HVMP bar ends from Redbird and can't wait to see if they help combat the vibration. However, the lefthand one wobbles around some. The piece inside the handlebar it screws into moves around. Is there anything that can be done for this? It's not a big problem just annoying.
Thanks, Clint

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The piece inside the handlebar it screws into moves around.
If it is the stock Honda insert the bar end screws in to there is a clip that holds it in place to keep it from rotating. See Part 16 in this diagram from Bike Bandit. Both of mine failed while I had my NT, that part wasn't well thought out.....

Bike
ST1300,R1200RT
I have tried ST1300 bar ends which are heavier in effort to reduce numb and tingling hands without success. In fact the vibration increased in the 4750-5250RPM range. Saturday I installed Vibranator for Honda VTR1000F and today I took the bike for a 300 mile test run. I think the vibration was reduced by 50% in the target 68-75mph range and I only experience slight tingling in my right index finger. I will continue my test, but I am much happier.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I don't have a bad problem with vibration, but after installing Grip Puppies, installing risers that took the weight off my arms and hands, and using a cramp-buster style device, I had just enough vibration to make me install the Manic Salamander Pounders Just returned from an 800 mile trip and had virtually no vibration. I normally ride between 65-80 mph.

CommuterNT

I posted this in another thread but for a very cheap and simple (possible) fix, I installed 2 rubber washers on each handlebar between the bar end weight and the handle bars. This worked wonders for me and I have been kicking myself why I hadn't thought of it earlier. Cost me less the $1.50 and 5 min to fix.

Top Bottom