Went for the Honda top box

Decided to go with the oem top box and today Fed Ex dropped it off. Looks great, hope to get it mounted this weekend. When I think about it in all the years of riding I believe this is the first OEM topcase I’ve purchased.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've got a Givi after having two Shaqs. The bottom broke out of those. The first one was replaced free of charge, but when the 2nd one broke when I was in Bay St Lawrence, at the very north end of Nova Scotia's Cabot Trail. I held it together with bungee cords until I got to Twisted Throttle's store. (I had bought it from them.) They told me it was overloaded. I replaced it with the Givi, have loaded it just as heavily and it's still fine. I had a Givi on my two '99 Kawasaki Concours. It survived a wreck which totaled Connie #1 and lasted for nearly 160,000 miles of being heavily laden.

The good news for you is that Givi manufactures the Honda top box. I use the top box all the time. I think you'll like it.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Re: Went for the Honda top box for the Suzuki

I have the Honda top box. I use it for my everyday commuting needs. I seldom use the panniers in fact I recently took off the large pannier lids and put the small ones back on. Less likely to clip something when moving around in heavy traffic.

Note: if you mount the Honda top box on the Honda mounting plate it is designed to move back and forth side to side. Don't think you need to crank down on the mounting bolts to tighten it up. Its made to operate that way.

Bike
WR250R/KTM 890/KTM690
The GIVI E96B top rack fits nicely on the lid of the Honda OEM top box. When traveling I keep my bike cover in a small bag attached to the rack.

OP
OP
Camelot
Good to know about the side to side movement. Still haven’t mounted the case, should get around to it this afternoon.

Top Bottom