What my NT can't live without, 15 months and 13,000 miles later.

Bike
2010 NT700V
This is a longer term review of my favorite ad dons for the NT.

1. Daylong Half-moon seat. Its the most expensive, but the most important thing I ever did. I ride almost every day now that its riding season and after an 1,100 mile 2 day trip, my body feels great!

2. HID head light Retrofit. Another expensive upgrade (and laborious!) But driving at night feels as safe as the daytime and with way less traffic!

3. Top case (two helmet). Riding every day, its nice to leave your gear with your bike.

4. Tank bag. food, drinks, gum, maps, money. Never get off your bike!

5. USB charging port. $25 bucks and installation just requires you to hook it up to the battery. Charge your phone, power a gps, and every every USB plug type of accessory you have! I recommend mounting it inside one or both of your front pockets. Then dremmel a cord size slot on the edge of the lid to route a cord through, but not enough to harm the integrity.

Feel free to post your favorites!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Big Lids. Been running around with the topcase for months now. I love putting my full face helmet and gloves in the left pannier. I was on a 440 mile day trip last Saturday and didn't take the top box.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
+1 on the Russell DayLong half-moon saddle. Cruise control (the Rofstra electronic version). Big lids. Denalis. Bar risers.

Bike
Silver NT700V
Here is my list:

1. Daylong seat, half moon pattern also. I rode my SS1000 on before the adjustment.

2. Denali D2 light set. Set up as fog lights, they help with being seen by creaing a large light trianle (mounted on the front fender).

3. Top case. About 1 1/2 helmet (41L). I did the JC Whitney Large after seeing a good review on here. Have been well satisfied with the "bang for the buck".

4. Laminar Lip on the windshield. This directs airflow upward and is very effective. With it, I rarely move the windshield from postion 4 (from the bottom) even in the rain. If you check their site, the NT700V shown is mine.

5. Wind deflectors. Theshave been noted as a bit pricey by the work very well. Took a lot wind off my hands. They seem to create a wider "bubble" for the rider.

6. Lower cowl. Mine is the Honda version which, to me, looks much better in person than it ever does in photos. Again, very effective at directing water and wind around the feet.

7. Cigarette lighter. I do not travel with electronic gizzmos so this is primarily to run my air pump.

8. Tank bag. Don't leave home without it. Mine is Bags Connection from SW Motech that attached with a lock ring. No straps and nothing touches the tank.

Reviews and photos are in the farkles secction.

slider

That front wheel coming up. Makes it feel like a big powerful bike.

I have a custom seat made by Rich's Custom Seats out here that is very comfortable (expensive though). My throttlemeister has been invaluable. I use it all the time. My 'best' farkle really isn't a farkle, it's the Gerbing jacket and gloves and makes much of my riding much more pleasurable. Tank bag is good. I could live without it though.

Terry

Top Bottom