What's wrong with me?

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
As motorcyclists, I think it is perfectly normal to look at, read about, and dream about all the wonderful motorcycles out there. I am not a "cruiser" guy either, but I spent about two hours one evening just reading about the Harley Switchback. I kept saying to myself, "I would never buy this", but kept reading anyway. For me it is different day different bike to learn about. I do have my favorites that I like to dream about. I routinely do youtube searches and advrider thread reads for Yamaha FJRs and SuperTenere's. I also like the Honda CRF250L and yamaha WR250R. Cant' seem to get that Moto Guzzi V7 stone out of my head either. I even keep up on the NC700X cause I think it would be the perfect shorter trip city bike. Realistically, I have no intention of actually owning any of these anytime soon. Doesn't stop me from dreaming about them though. Mmmm, Moto Guzzi. :)

I won't even go into how much my interest is peaked when I hear about a new unreleased bike. ...........:)

OP
OP

androu

Yeah I guess I would have a whole stable of bikes if I could. My wife seems to think one is enough though.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Nothing is wrong with you. It is spring time and that time of year. Today I rode the NT down to my Local Mom and Pop Honda dealer. Talking to Tim, the Son who is the manager in charge. He had a 2002 VFR 800 with the honda Bags to go with it on his show floor. Bike had only 13000 miles. Needed a little bit of clean up but was a very good example. Anyway we got to talking and to make a long story short he would give me the VFR with the bags and 1500 in cash as a trade for my NT. My NT has almost 19000 miles on it. I off course would put the NT back to Stock OEM. (remove all my extras). The blue book lists my NT trade in at about 5500 t0 6500. So I took the VFR out for about a 10 mile loop. I have never ridden a VFR800 before. That V4 800cc V-Tec motor was sweet. I loved it. Fast, quite, responsive. To be able to have that motor in the NT. That is the Good.

The not so good was my 63 year old body just did not like the Ergo of the bike. Not good for my old back and after any length of time my wrist would start to hurt. Did I tell you the MOTOR was SWEET. Lots of weight on the wrist. Did I tell you the RESPONsE was AWESOME. Any way I really need to give this some thought. It is after all Spring Time in the Rockies.
What should I do?:shrug2::rolleyes:

Last edited:

tawilke46

Chuck was that you dragging the pegs in that curve?????????? Nah! Looks like he was close to a low side there. Yikes!

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Yeah I guess I would have a whole stable of bikes if I could. My wife seems to think one is enough though.
Tell her that one pair of shoes at a time is also enough:rofl1: Question: How many motorcycles do you need? Answer: One more than I already have.:rolleyes:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I've tried and tried to find a way to fit a VFR800. I'm like you -- I love that engine. For that matter I love the ST engines. For some reason, V4s have always appealed to me, whether on motorcycles or not.

But the only way I'll ever have one is if you can figure a way to stuff one in an NT. :)

elizilla

I loved my VFR. That is the sweetest motor! I had the heli-bars and didn't find the ergos that problematical. It was pretty thirsty though.

slider

Any chance Yamaha makes that FJR 800 that's being talked about? That I imagine would be a sweet engine.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I hadn't heard any FJR800 rumors, but that could be a really great option in the future.

Top Bottom