Where did you install your fuse block?

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
As you can guess, I am on a journey on installing some stuff on my NT and trying to do it the right way in the first go ...

Q) Where did you install your fuse block? And which fuse block are you using?

Eastern Beaver and FZ-1 are ~ 1.25 inch thick. The auto accessory ones are ~2.75inch thick?

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
If you remove your seat, you will notice the plastic inner fender with a "u" shape depression molded into it. This "u" shape depression is for storing a wheel lock should you so desire. I mounted my Fuze block on the smooth area between the legs of the "u". I attached it with 3M trim tape.

Mike

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Same as MikeSim so great minds obviously think alike!

I used a 6 connector accessory panel from my local auto parts store. In the photo half of those connectors are under the
frame crossbrace that secures the seat. It was less than $20 at the time and I added a relay triggered by a taillight wire.
I've been a Honda guy for a long time so I always use Honda wire colors for accessories: black is positive and green is ground! :)

accessory panel + relay.JPG

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Same as MikeSim so great minds obviously think alike!

I used a 6 connector accessory panel from my local auto parts store. In the photo half of those connectors are under the
frame crossbrace that secures the seat. It was less than $20 at the time and I added a relay triggered by a taillight wire.
I've been a Honda guy for a long time so I always use Honda wire colors for accessories: black is positive and green is ground! :)

accessory panel + relay.JPG
Great minds think alike indeed! My relay is also triggered by a taillamp wire :)

Mike

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
As you can guess, I am on a journey on installing some stuff on my NT and trying to do it the right way in the first go ...

Q) Where did you install your fuse block? And which fuse block are you using?

Eastern Beaver and FZ-1 are ~ 1.25 inch thick. The auto accessory ones are ~2.75inch thick?
This is how I installed my fuse panel. https://photos.app.goo.gl/xE4cReEHT8d4w9Fr7

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I don't know if my auto accessory cheapie fuse panel is "2.75 inches thick" but it easily fits under the frame crossbar so there was never any concern. It still uses the old style, standard fuses and I'd guess the decreased thickness of some of the modern and more expensive fuse panels is because they use the much smaller and shorter, mini fuses.

On my other bike, NC700XD, I fitted an Eastern Beaver, 3-outlet, relay controlled unit. They make good stuff and I used the Eastern Beaver unit instead of the auto parts store panel because under-plastic space on the NC is minimal to non-existant!

Top Bottom