Who is up for alittle bike trip?

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Who is up for alittle bike trip through Wyoming? Time to pet some Buffalos! Yellowstone! Beartooth HWY! Camping at 9,000 ft in the Bighorns......
a cody 4.jpg

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
My cousin's family was incarcerated at Heart Mountain. She often complains about the bitter cold in "camp" because coming from Los Angeles, they had no heavy, winter clothing. :mad:
A dark moment in our history to be sure.....
😞
Mike

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
My cousin's family was incarcerated at Heart Mountain. She often complains about the bitter cold in "camp" because coming from Los Angeles, they had no heavy, winter clothing. :mad:
Due to Asian American month on PBS, I recorded lots of specials and am now watching them to see if I can learn something new....(the Museum at Heart Mt is wonderful.) One special I watched focused in on The Americans of Japanese heritage in the Pacific NW. Portland residents were sent to stock yards tempararily and the Seattle ones were sent to Cle Elum fairgrounds....then I read a story about the babies and children rounded up in orphanages and sent to Manzanar
1689192910212.png

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
If you've never been across Beartooth Pass you need to put it on your list. Two of my most memorable rides was across that highway.
It is on the must do list for most, I think. I have been over it many times on bikes and cars...Sunlight basin/Chief Joeseph Highway are great also....as is the ride from Cody to the park....the earlier the better...gonna camp out at my fav spot in the Bighorns....
Beartooth
beartooth 1 small.JPG
Start of the Chief Jo
cheif joseph hwy 6.JPG
Chief Jo
Cheif joseph hwy 2.JPG

View from site 4, Sitting bull campground, near ten sleep
P1070724.JPG

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I stayed in a USFS campground just east of Ten Sleep a few years ago. There are several and I don’t think it was Sitting Bull. Beautiful country. I stopped for gas and a greasy donut at Ten Sleep the next morning.
Yes, Beartooth pass is spectacular. I’ve done it several times in both directions. IMG_20150902_072822880_HDR.jpegIMG_0255.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I stayed in a USFS campground just east of Ten Sleep a few years ago. There are several and I don’t think it was Sitting Bull. Beautiful country. I stopped for gas and a greasy donut at Ten Sleep the next morning.
Yes, Beartooth pass is spectacular. I’ve done it several times in both directions. IMG_20150902_072822880_HDR.jpegIMG_0255.jpeg
Over the last 32 years, I have stayed at about half of them. I am so old I remember when you didn't need a reservation. Circle park is nice but nothi g beats West Tensleep lake.

Top Bottom