Yamaha's version of the MP3

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
The Piaggio is the biggest seller of three wheeled scooters in France - probably Europe also. It's a pity that the riders in Paris are certifiable!

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
The Piaggio is the biggest seller of three wheeled scooters in France - probably Europe also. It's a pity that the riders in Paris are certifiable!
Yeah, no kidding. I got to see their antics on Boulevard Saint Michel last May. Check this out: In the area we were staying. It's one way Northbound, except for a bus lane southbound. To beat somewhat slow traffic, lots of scooterists would drive the wrong way in the bus lane and dip out of the way at the last possible second in front of an oncoming bus.

And these three-wheeler types are all over the place.

Bothell, WA in the wet part of the state.
Bike
Red 2014 FJR
I owned an MP3 400 as my first bike and loved it. Once you lock up that front end you could easily move it around your garage or a parking spot. Handled like a dream and the mileage was great. But as you already intimated it was a real pain to get serviced because I had to take it to a VESPA dealer. It was very expensive to maintain especially if you rode it a lot, and I did!

Last edited:
Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
There's a vespa dealer at every university I have been around :)

Now, if Yam would come out with a 400 or 500 MP3 clone I might be interested. I don't want a bike or scooter that maxes out at 50mph, even just for in town work.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
There's a 500cc and 300cc version by Piaggio. A 400cc by Peugeot and they go like the proverbial off a shovel.

I've been passed by some and they were definitely well over the 80mph speed limit!

Bike
Bonneville T120
We had a Piaggio BV250. It was a fantastic scooter! I wish we still had it.
We had a Vespa LX150. It was a fantastic scooter! I wish we still had it.

Not sure I'd be up for a 3 wheel version though.

elizilla

This foot thing is making me look hard at such things.

I don't think the Peugot is available in the USA - I've never seen one here. The Yamaha would be nice since it's actually got a dealer network, but there's no sign of it coming to the USA. No surprise there; very few of the bikes I have drooled over when they were unveiled in Europe, have ever made it to the states.

I specifically looked for the Piaggio a couple weeks ago at Iron Pony, because I had seen them there before, they used to sell them. But they didn't have any. A salescritter told me they dropped them because they couldn't move them. I'm keeping my eye out for a used one. I have spotted them once in a while on the street, so there are some tucked up in garages here and there.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
One of our Guzzi brethern in AZ has two MP3's and loves them. He got them due to knee problems and does cross country touring on his 500. The smaller one he uses for within the state. He hasn't had any maintenance issues with them.

They are on my list to try out when I can't deal with 2 wheels anymore. Along with sidecars :) Guzzi Convert with sidecar will probably be my choice when the time comes.

skiper

I would like one if - could be had with a low cost knock off of Randy Grubs "Decopod" idea .. as seen on Leno Garage .. I laughed very well and again when realizing it will be copied in fiberglass :)

Top Bottom