Year in review

Bike
'10 Silver NT700
Rode the Honda NT700 motorcycle 168 (down from 197 in 2014) of 221 work days and 191 overall in 2015. Of the missed riding days at work, I rode a bicycle in 30 times and had to take the train 22 days because of snow/icy roads (up from 15 in '14). Put on my lowest annual mileage at just over 7K miles (33K total) but got an average of over 48 miles per gallon. Also got the Yamaha FJ1200 running again for the first time in 3 years. Looking forward to many more rides and many more (s)miles in 2016. Ride safe everyone!

Ah - "work days." Way in the past for me.

I was able to put 18,624 miles on my NT this year. Most of that was for three long trips - two to Miami (via Orlando) and back, plus the long one to Spearfish for a very very enjoyable rally. The trip back was up into Canada, then down through Montana and Wyoming (via Beartooth Pass) and along the ridge of the Rockies through Colorado and New Mexico. (I love green chile.) A fair number of trips to Houston to see my daughter (the NT has done it so many times it can steer itself) and the last few miles were added while just puttering around town.

I hope to go over 50,000 miles early in 2016.

Its been a very good year - and look forward to the next.

I was a little surprised that I managed to get 16,070 miles on my bike this year – it seemed like I wasn’t riding nearly as much as I have in past years. Without my grueling 1.1 mile commute that I had before I retired from Fort Morgan, I didn’t expect to get past 10,000 miles.

I accomplished two long-time goals this year: 1) I finally managed to do a Bun Burner Gold during the Team Lyle Rachel Strange Insanity Days rally. I rode 1529 miles in temps ranging from 18F to 55, and in about 2 ?“ of rain. Nevada’s average monthly rainfall in May is .47” – so maybe I’m partly responsible for the breaking of their drought. The ride took 23 hours and 48 minutes. Then in August, I achieved goal # 2), I rode in a competitive rally, the Big Sky “Working on the Railroad” Rally. It was 36 hours and I managed to finish (just barely) in the beginner’s section by getting 8,100 points. I rode 1836 miles in 35 hours and 23 minutes.

My other semi-big ride was to Montrose and then a couple of loops from there: one to Telluride, Delores, Durango, Silverton and back to Montrose; the other from Montrose to Naturita, Gateway, and then back to US-50 at Whitewater before heading home on I-70.
May you all have a great 2016 with lots of safe miles under your wheels!

I have no idea how many miles I put on my bikes this year but it was a lot. However, I retired in 2015 and I'll not forget that year.

Well sadly I ended up only riding 50,656 miles this year. My farthest ride this year was just a short 3 day ride up to Ithaca, NY back in October.

Didn't manage any long rides this year. Just stayed within Ile de France. I managed to hit the 100,000 km kilometrestone :) (62,150 miles in old money). The bike's now sitting on 107,700 km ish (66,935 miles).

Back
Top Bottom