Yikes is it the futre already?

Bike
2009 Deauville NT700V Red
Fellow NTeenies..Hum er. NT owners, is this the phoenix NM4 saw this here http://www.ridermagazine.com/latest-news/honda-releases-first-2015-models.htm/

I just love this "display can be illuminated in any of 25 different color choices" but does it have tetris (showing my age) for when you are really stuck in a traffic jam. Have we become so shallow that adjustable display colour influences our choice of ride, or is this for the short attentions span gen-Y types? (where's the eyefone dock!!?)

Just putting it out there, what do you think?

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
'Tis rather ugly IMHO and that's being kind. P'raps Honda knows something I don't, but I don't think it will sell well at all.

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I saw and sat on an NM4 at Sun Honda the other day. It's not gonna' be a bike that interests anybody I know. The panniers, which look pretty big on the outside are only big enough to hold about a half loaf of bread on the inside. The fairing pockets are in front of the windshield and, IIRC, are hinged at the back. Seemed like lots of non-functional "features" on an ugly bike.

At least, to me it seemed that way. They hadn't had the bike long and nobody had leapt for joy and whipped out their checkbook.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
It'll sell in Asia and, possibly, to the younger market.

We old fogies are not who it's aimed at!

Bike
2010 Red NT700
If you remember some other threads in here about this very bike, it is specifically designed to emulate a specific Anime or Hentai cartoon style that is popular in Japan

It will sell well in Asia no doubt

tawilke46

I spotted this DN-01 at Friendly Honda this past week. Bike was in for obvious repairs to some damage. The first one I have ever seen anywhere. The muffler looks just like the one on the NT.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I know that a lot of people knock the DN-01. I got a chance to ride one for a fair distance and have to say that it is a very fine machine, It is comfortable and handles very well. I wouldn' throw one out of my garage.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
The DN-01 is a magnificent machine...compared to the NM4. I sat on one last week. Yuuck!! Chuck Henderson was just here for a quick visit and he'd sat on one and shared my opinion. Ugly, ugly, ugly. The panniers look reasonably sized, but might hold a half-loaf of bread at the most. But I will give it credit for having a dash you can configure with your choice of 25 colors. WOW!!!

And it's expensive. To think we gritched about what the NT cost when it came out. At least the NT is useable.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I think the pillion seat is what flips up to make a backrest for the rider.

Top Bottom