Cycle Shell - Flip Cover Garage

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
For those riders looking for exterior weather protection when parking at home and who may not have the luxury of a garage, there is this - the Cycle Shell. From the various flip-top garages I researched, this seemed to have the best reviews. It barely fits on the sidewalk next to our house, (I bought the larger touring model so I can store it with the trunk on). It feels like quality fabric and velcro seals pretty nicely (2 breathing vents, each end) along with 2 pins and some D-ring tie-downs for cinching shut.

The diamond-plating placement for the tires and kickstand took a few tries and it comes with a center stand placement. My only concern is the plastic base while reinforced internally, feels awfully smooshy/flexible but time will tell how that holds up. Setup is a breeze and it takes about 4 weeks for delivery to arrive (no online ordering, they build each by hand before shipping).

I only recommend a solid flat and level base to set it on, though it comes with 2 stakes to hold it down should you want to secure it and reportedly will hold 6 inches of snow. They recommend a standard sealant you can get at Walmart for additional protection and to help the cover maintain it's lifespan. As for me, I'm just hoping to keep the moisture and cobwebs off the bike year round. So far it's a win, and I'll see how it holds up for the next year or two and lives up to it's great reviews.​
​​​
​​http://www.cycleshell.com

Attachments

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Gabe,

interesting pictures! your link to the item itsefe will not open are you sure it is correct?

Eldon

OP
OP
Gabe

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
Wow, now THAT is a weird forum or browser bug, in looking at the code in the forum post it's correct, but what's presented is absent the colon :

Add the proper colon : in the URL or do a google search on cycle shell and it should be the first link or two you see.

http://www.cycleshell.com/

Bike
That one worked, very interesting. I was hoping to find them offering one for a corvette. for outside storeage probably great although not a lot of security to keep bike from departing without permission.

Eldon

OP
OP
Gabe

Gabe

Tek Monkey
Bike
2011 Black Honda NT700VA
True, though I use an appx. 8 mm steel braided encased cable to go through the base platform and loop through the steering column (down the rabbit hole next to the forks) and faring internally and lock it off, plus a wheel lock. Adding motion detector flood lights soon and I also have a screeching bike alarm should anyone jostle it that should wake up the neighbors and a remote that beeps at me too. If they're gonna steal it though, not much I can do to stop it, and a HD, BMW or crotch rocket is a much more valuable snag. That's also what insurance is for. :)

Bike
very true I don't have alarms on doors etc but 00 buck is readily available to send message !

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
How is it in high winds? I just came in from walking the dogs and the wind with this cold front is gusting to around 50-60MPH! In this type of wind I wouldn't use a regular bike cover due to the "sail" effect....

Top Bottom