[Review] Givi E460 Review

Bike
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14
I picked up my Givi E460 top box and Givi mount from the dealer yesterday. I ordered them when I purchased the bike on January 7th. I installed them today, so here is my take on the box and the mount:
1. The box and mount are extremely well made! There is no "give" to the plastic of the box as can be found on less expensive brands. The fit and finish is superb. The lid closes and seals beautifully and the latch mechanism and lock are well made and easy to use. The finish seems to be as good as found on the bike itself, making it seem "natural" as it sits atop the bike.
2. I love how easily the box can be removed. With the turn of a key and the push of a button, the box comes off without hassle. This leaves the attractive Givi mount in place and can be used as a tie down point for other items.
3. The silver color is a great match for the faster silver NT's. The black finish on the lower portion of the box also matches the black parts of the NT quite well.
4. The storage space is 46 liters. It will fit 2 full face helmets, but they have to be laid on their sides. If the larger Givi boxes will fit them standing upright, I would recommend considering one of the larger ones.
5. Installation of mount: Fairly straightforward. The written directions are somewhat useless, but the diagrams show everything quite well. Less than 30 minutes total install time. (Again, the box can be taken off the mount in about 5 seconds.)
6. Appearance: The box looks like it belongs on the bike and seems to be just the right size visually. (I know Givi makes the OEM Honda top box as well).

Overall impression: Very attractive, very solid, extremely well built. I would recommend a Givi top box to anyone wishing to add storage to their NT.

This farkle, added to the Twisted Throttle 1.2" risers that I also put on today, made for one large smile riding down the road!

Happy Riding,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Good deal, Jeff! It's always a positive thing when people have large smiles on their faces when riding down the road.

Bike
2010 Red NT 700
I'm also very happy with my E46. Mine took a longer than 30 minutes. Dropped a critical nut into the innards and took a while to find it and had to remove rear fender to get to it. Oh well. That all in the past.

CoolNT

Good review Jeff. BTW, I have the E55 Givi and it will hold two full face helmets upright and then some. I also got the Givi case liner that made a world of difference both aesthetically and sound wise.

OP
OP
vacanefan
Bike
Good review Jeff. BTW, I have the E55 Givi and it will hold two full face helmets upright and then some.
Fitting 2 helmets upright would have convinced me to go with the E55. No complaints, though; very happy with the E460.

Gandalf

This is my next purchase guy's so please, how much did cost??

I want this on the bike before our first annual NT Rally in SD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam:)

CoolNT

Sam, Premiercycleaccessories.com has this case for $208.80 plus the top case mount for your bike's rack - $99.00 - all with free shipping. Let's hear what Jeff paid though.

MAC

Sam, also look at Sport Tour, ltd.

I bought my Givi V46 from them, this was $ 245.00 and free S/H and no tax, because it was an out of state sale.

I got the Givi E221.M5 mounting plate from Twisted Throttle $ 99.00 plus tax = $ 105.93 No shiping, I picked it up at the store.

OP
OP
vacanefan
Bike
I paid, from the Honda dealer, right at $350.00 for the box and mount. This seems to be about average when compared to what others have posted. Ron quoted a very good price from premiercycleaccessories.com. Oddly enough, the quote that I got directly from Givi was higher: $304.00 for the box and $110.00 for the mount.

elizilla

Givi can't undercut their dealers, because then they'd have a hard time getting/keeping those dealers. So you pay full retail from Givi. You aren't the customer they're trying to please - their main customers are the dealers.

But lots of dealers will discount - you are the customer they are trying to attract.

OP
OP
vacanefan
Bike
Jeff,
Did you get the Gloss Silver or the Flat Silver? How is the match with the Silver on the bike?
I believe there was only one option for silver with the E460. It is a gloss silver that I cannot differentiate from the finish on the bike--they are that close of a match.

Gandalf

Thanks my fellow NT riders for the info!

I had a BMW R1100GS with the whole package of GIVI monokey stuff: Top case and side cases and they were superb in their function and looked good also. I never had a problem with the product.

Take care! Sam:)

elizilla

I haven't owned one or used it. I have seen it. There are reports on the Super10 forum of problems with the hinge pins on the Trekkers, so I would be cautious.

Top Bottom