[Review] MCcruise

Bike
2011 NT 700 VA
Finally did it! Installed an MCcruise unit on my 2011 NT. I have been wanting it for years but was somewhat intimidated with the install process. Well I now can tell you that it was pretty straight foreword if you take your time and follow the instructions (which by the way are very good with pics). Also the company is based in Australia and the support was outstanding. I had to email them a few times and they was very prompt with answers. It was my winter project and it sure helped that my bike was in my nice cozy living room to work on!! Excited to use it on the WV get together.

KGNT

Attachments

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
As I've posted before, I've got a Rostra electronic cruise control that a technically-gifted buddy (with a little help from me) installed on my NT about 8 years ago. It definitely was not a plug-and-play installation, but it worked great up until about a year ago. I have a brand-new Rostra unit that another friend had bought for his Kawasaki Vulcan 900 and couldn't find a place that would hold the main control/actuation unit. Mike (Buddy #1) is dealing with prostrate cancer right now, so I don't want to bug him, and Larry (Buddy #2) doesn't have any more insight into the system than I do.

DirtFlier has suggested to me that my problem may simply be in my control unit and Mike says that he ought to be able to take a look at that before too long. I'm hoping that will be before I head to West Virginia. I've got a Throttlemeister throttle lock that works pretty well, but it's not as good in hilly country as having an actual cruise control. I'll be anxious to see your MCcruise.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Phil - out of curiosity, I looked up the Rostra control switch and found them available on Amazon. Might be good to have one on hand before your friend takes a look at your unit. Amazon has a pretty generous return policy if you find the new switch is not necessary.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Tosh, I've got a control switch. In fact, I've got a whole brand-new Rostra cruise control if the switch doesn't fix it.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Good! Now, just get help trying to swap control switches to see if that does the trick.

It'll be nice to have a functioning cruise control when you ride east for the NT Gathering. :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
It sure would! The Throttlemeister does pretty good, but needs constant attention and adjustment.

OP
OP
KGNT
Bike
2011 NT 700 VA
As I've posted before, I've got a Rostra electronic cruise control that a technically-gifted buddy (with a little help from me) installed on my NT about 8 years ago. It definitely was not a plug-and-play installation, but it worked great up until about a year ago. I have a brand-new Rostra unit that another friend had bought for his Kawasaki Vulcan 900 and couldn't find a place that would hold the main control/actuation unit. Mike (Buddy #1) is dealing with prostrate cancer right now, so I don't want to bug him, and Larry (Buddy #2) doesn't have any more insight into the system than I do.

DirtFlier has suggested to me that my problem may simply be in my control unit and Mike says that he ought to be able to take a look at that before too long. I'm hoping that will be before I head to West Virginia. I've got a Throttlemeister throttle lock that works pretty well, but it's not as good in hilly country as having an actual cruise control. I'll be anxious to see your MCcruise.
Phil
Hope to see you in WV I will be there with my friend that has the GoldWing So far the MCcruise is spot on pefect

Top Bottom