Wrench sizes? What do I need? Nt700v list for gear wrenches.

Add a 22mm and a 27mm if you want to take the wheels off or tighten them. I think Cruz Tools now has a combo wrench that has both on it.

Tawilke and Warren covered it. I know nothing about Cruz Tools--see them advertised in bike catalogs. I don't recommend "cheap" tools if you value your knuckles and your bike. You won't go wrong with Craftsman or Kobalt Tools. I would buy a 3/8" socket set and buy the 22 and 27mm sockets separately or get the 22-27mm wrench from Cruz. For the Allen Wrenches, I went with a Craftsman set that folds up like a pen knife and includes all the metric sizes you would need. The whole thing fits nicely in a canvas tool roll that I found somewhere that I don't recall.

I would suggest a very tiney comon and a very tiney philips both almost required for Fuze Block also the tiney comon can be used to help get wire connectors to unlock. These are in addition to the previous posts

I believe the oil drain bolt takes a 17mm socket.

Identifying what tools you want is really based on how much stuff you may want to attempt while on the road. Changing your oil on a long trip can be handy.

For example, to remove the body work, you would need a 5mm or 6mm hex wrench/socket, a Phillips/JIS screw driver and an 8mm wrench. To rotate the fuel tank you'll need to add a 10mm and 12mm wrench (you'll need 2 10mm wrenches to loosen the rear fuel tank mounting bolt.

If you want to be able to remove wheels or brakes, then you'll need some additional wrenches (some of considerable size). The list of tools can start adding up in a hurry.

I've done a lot more oil changes where the drain bolt pointed down and was a 17mm; my 17mm socket is perpetually a little blackened with grim because of that. But the NT drain bolt points out the side, and is a 14mm.

Hmmm. Well isn't this interesting. The drain bolt on the NT sitting in my garage (I just went out and confirmed this) takes a 17mm socket. The fill hole bolt on the final drive also takes a 17mm socket.

Seems strange that there would be different sized drain bolts used on the same model bike but stranger things have happened I suppose.

I've done a lot more oil changes where the drain bolt pointed down and was a 17mm; my 17mm socket is perpetually a little blackened with grim because of that. But the NT drain bolt points out the side, and is a 14mm.

I'll measure it later. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong bike. It does point out the side, right?

Quite bizarre. The parts fische clearly states it is a 14mm bolt but that isn't necessarily the head size of the bolt (which dictates the socket required to remove/install it). The head on the drain bolt on our NT requires a 17mm socket. Next time I have the bolt off, if I can remember, I'll check the size of the bolt's body. Probably 14mm. Honda must use different size heads on that bolt.:shrug2:

your are correct that its 14mm and it is on the side case at the bottom. The bolt is horizontal to the ground.

Last edited:
The oil drain on mine has 17mm flats on it. 17mm is the most common size I believe. I have an oil filter/drain plug wrench that fits many Hondas and it fits the NT also.

Brad

Thanks buds. If you are interested in flex gear wrenches: the part number is 99 + "the size"
8 mm is 9908
10 mm is 9910 most used
12 mm is 9912
14 mm is 9914
15 mm is 9915
17 mm is 9917 oil plug

Tires
22 mm 9922
No flex for 27 mm
27 mm is 9127

Thanks a ton for your help

Back