OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
My goal was to see some of America. Check
The rear tire went on this winter and at inspection this spring it had 43365 miles on it the tire was showing just a couple of loops of cord every four inches or so. Past due. At 50099 lets call that 7734 give or take a few hundred. Me and my stuff exceeded the load limit for the bike. I have no complaints about how long it lasted. Pulled all the camping gear out of the rear seat bag when I realized how overweight the rig was before leaving home.

What did I do wrong? Didn't do what I promised myself and take my time. Should have taken the extra day or so to share some pie with Eldon. Ridden the Loop with Daboo... I tried.

Sparta, WI to Columbus OH in a single clip in unmerciful weather. OH to MA in a single hop... Really did tried to slow down and will the "next time." Not packing a swimsuit. Not because all the rain but the number of places with a pool.

Want to see again? Crazy Horse and Yellowstone and a few dozen craft breweries... This is finally starting to sink in.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Karl, I second what "bicyclist" said. You've checked quite a few more states off your list!

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Spent about an hour trying to link photos from google. Got a msg there are no photos in your album. Pirate talk. Arge.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
karl, hope you write up a trip report for us and yourself...I laugh at the ones I wrote in the last century.....and publish a photo album.....!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm in 100% with Chris, Karl. Give us as trip report and keep struggling to find a way to post those pictures.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I'm in 100% with Chris, Karl. Give us as trip report and keep struggling to find a way to post those pictures.
Yeah, if you need help posting and cant figure out photobucket, just send me the reduced sized pics...maybe 100k each, and I will post them for you....
BTW, unless you pay to have the ads removed from photobucket, it is about unusable.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
https://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/VisitedStatesMapPage.php?height=100&format=gif&Submit=&states=WA.OR.ID.MT.WY.SD.NE.IA.MN.WI.IL.IN.MI.OH.PA.NY.CT.RI.MA.NH.VT.ME.ND
Beginning to feel like I need to get out and yell at the rabbits to get off my lawn. My brain seems to have turned to concrete and can't seem to get anything to work for me.

Did manage to download the full 128GB card in the Go Pro to my hard drive. The plan was to upload that to the cloud account every day. That didn't happen. Wanted to share riding through Yellowstone with the mother of my children. "road trees, not too exciting." was her take.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Filled up the bike yesterday to end the trip. Rt 20 is 3365 miles long. My journey that spanned the weekend prior to my vacation time from the second of May to Memorial day rolled into my driveway at around 9:30 pm. 7494 miles in total. there is still a pile of paper on the dining room table including a lot I mailed home to myself from WA.

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
I was watching Isle of Mann, and I was sure I could ride just like those riders. Of course I then woke up from a good nights sleep.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Now all I have to do is find the button I pushed to turn off my new Map.

Top Bottom