Dreams

Karl,
Congrats on your Rt 20 trip. Your idea about US 2 gig back is interesting. We took 2 from Seattle to Spokane on Sat. We stopped for a nice German lunch at Leavenworth. It would make an interesting RON if your timing works. The road to Spokane is a very good 2 lane thru fruit, wheat, and scrub lands. Then 2 leaves Spokane go north and follows a river thru N Idaho into Montana and along the South edge of Glacier National Park. The Goat Lick and Great Northern RR Park Lodge are both on the road. I can't help you beyond Glacier because that is where we head south toward Spearfish.
Send me a PM an tell me when you think you will hit Spokane so we can meet (don't know if "Dry Side" Chris will be available).

Just let me know, and I'll be there. Oh...wrong "Chris". (I guess I'm not invited.)

You were here on Saturday???!!!

Chris

Sure, come on over.

We were returning from an Alaska cruise. We drove the car over.

My coach turns into a pumpkin the sixth of June. And have begun to think I should replace the rear tire. I believe the tire has more than half tread but is a flat stripe. Any recommendations for a local shop in the area Yelm/Tacoma area.

Thanks in Advance for any feedback.

Had hoped to get back to Iron Pony for new rubber. Then don't want to be riding on belting in the middle of nowhere.

try 253 2288his is a Honda shop close to you I lost name in my short term memory it id recimemded ya qing riding friend if mine

/eldo

Brother drove me to paradise yesterday. Less than 15 min later they shut down the road and "You bearded guys" "Did you hear we are closing the road". Drove the Soul Red Mazda 6 to America's car museum next to the Tacoma dome. Awesome place. On the way stopped at a Honda dealer on 7 Pacific hwy, It would be Tuesday before they could put anything on.

I could keep my knees under my brothers table forever. I do need to move on and head home. Spokane.. Leavenworth... just s t run 90...

Some ideas for while you're there...

• Mt. St. Helens from the Johnson Ridge Observatory opens on Saturdy, May 13th. http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/news/2017/05/10/sr-504-spirit-lake-memorial-highway-reopening-may-13 The Windy Ridge side won't open till July probably.
  • Mt. Rainier - Longmire and Paradise are open. The east side near Sunrise won't open till @June 30.
  • Ape Caves - Worth seeing. They are lava tubes you can walk in. Wear something warm, even in the heat of the summer. I think they are open.
  • Mt. Adams probably has some roads open.

Chris

Hey Chris, did you talk to the park/monument rangers about when the Windy Ridge Roads and when Sunrise will be open? They must have really gotten hammered if they wont open till July.
May 18th, 1980...boom! I was on a motorcycle trip from Illinios to Cambridge Idaho....missed me....

Any of this group up for a get together.
View attachment 12353

(Back from Alaska Cruise and busier than a one armed paper hanger with foot fungus and crabs)
Timing is everything, Karl. I leave for a rifle shoot about Wed 24-Thursday 26 for five days..I am up for a lunch or dinner...Frosty may have more time.....
Keep us up to date on your schedule...

Karl,

WHEN YOU HAVE THAT TIRE CHANGED BE DURE THAT THE REAR DRIVE SPLINES GET GREASED WITH HONDA MOLY GREASE !!!!!!! that not getting done caused Phill a complete final drive after a tire xhange in florida

/eldon

Ref: traveling through Spokane. karl...my shooting trip has been set back one day....I will pm you my cell. If you like, send me your number and I will put it in my list so my phone knows its you...I text too.
Let us know when you are passing through Spokane. Weather improving. Motorcycle trip up to Lake Pend Oreille on Monday and a lunch on Sunday but other than that, I am pretty open...just doing packing and farm work.
Chris who walked 7.8 miles yesterday killing weeds....

Left the ranch in Roy this morning. Gone to ground in Spokane at the Cedar Village Motel. Meeting Chris and Frosty for breakfast.
IMG_20170519_194318_hdr.jpgr

Woke early after going to bed early. Can't see the sun but took a walk to the office that had a coffee jug when I checked in. Closed till 8:00. Strolled around the "block". Find a weed shack an other mom and pop motel and a modern big box brand with shuttle service from the airport. Half way around a gentle rain starts falling. Dry side :)

I wish I could have ridden over to Spokane for breakfast but since that wasn't in the cards I just sat here at home and thought about all the good conversation I missed.

LOL crazy old man would have left home at midnight and been there for breakfast , and maybe a power nap and returned home today!!

Eldon

Frosty, karl and I had an absolutely delightful 2 1/2 hour breakfast this morning....rest assured that karl has pleanty of tread on his tires to make Ohio.....
Safe Travels, Karl!

Did the loop across Stevens Pass, up Hwy 97 on the east side of the Cascades, and back west over the North Cascades Highway. Gorgeous. Would've liked to have shared it with you.

s5ZKT4igc3Zhbwbhd8Ia9bvLI_esYeHQUPh1tSAS-3YLTOACxH6BENxttEd2L3mlSmLlNfySdxoQZ8Tpd8xvKh1y7I4I9SqcKV-Ee_xz9Y5rKIoca2crSFZg31fdS8_vFWAQNirrZ7YjWp5YgjM_JufyIUE4h2q5qTNesx-7rdXMAHnLXok8czuhAh4gp5jyEHsz1qsNQ7Gz3BKdgacSd9bij9pnqXSicEsKbR8bg66txKhguf0-zKwDbdCFuzeyFgo0wjsOB5ZmPiQk8FGwjeIKgUj38LdBGn0-_x3yRMgOsRxf9RsfXoNbfmM4s9C3qMAoYGApFizEUGa50MI2r0PXlcD3WnYYODsEpDmSp7hEd3RUd-Ig9AgZdDCSsGGsW5lwAMZbIn42mHogV3aXgFXfbJduTKF1f5UYWkyyl-An84mimU-HT6AqIY2pWoI01A8OP4qTe7FP4t5RxLH0fQ8qPjohHqbMVu7PXyCMEeaM3EgCaPV2TYSkomjaSS8C_Nwyu7ZgZNI9UL4qp87cL1znMQqvaJRMIGXjt26xD4W84Omg8zh-ZWBtCs5MBgr6tjb8DuXsq3oqrNkza2c3dtD7ebCPFk6ThCqK90etD23AhxA2kxqNMgn_H3Ia9qvthDa8mGp-tSItwfI2yKZJLsZ8u4pwqcgzNcfMn8RkkA=w2145-h1206-no

ZD6fgRQtuOvPk1yGRaEN59NAdhaq6a7eGP1M4aAeFSEDZxTBwWYNDEYr4x2dDkNL7qiLbaLQYLTRr8ZziCHW5WSRZv1PW2x9GT8MxWj1toy8fcYFp3p1OUyWwZ_kl5iF1zplf4Eegf0pFoto3c7-iBn70MF4b337l8Bf3qZo7HzC47R9k05BWSMn7iw2s72pNZLFliHRfaWF-SbQrhad6NpE0R4pWaBysd58MPXqg_ONo3Ai_r3uVSRfb7PECqfcg28RzO3vs7s8KSLc6VLkdne2X4OoqTasOH2nct9xHekb8SvKFxAjMukNIUSWmsgZpZV5MYSA39-NsWJjMPGjyeauXr9Vur_uoHv12dMjbTCmG9UWwoNOfv4jmt6PBdiKFUzQgXTaWbCBwHbwcO5tq26t7Bos4PFu4BgSUfegVBBS7NOcvoUnMBH1dZ9d2vHxJ6FFJhhQIjA9sauxcoQHb_SlMbZPb182xwb-qo00XKVDMkrTGlFSRmtZI8jaSayIJ5jf1tvLI_DBcjcFzi1cB-bkRs72Dc5b87Ktcbvx88f0JdsQVm090e7RCsb-wlF3fIPAl846TONZGXDVYuiOq_WLf-5wO5WqefrwlXp5PXGCchtRuyeinVBiORN9NBSm0RBMDOGiuuZgT_3fTlbKViMqa3iYLeCpqN1zi81jAA=w2145-h1206-no

Chris

I am fairly surprised at the lack of snow in the second pic....I think I will wait a bit before going over the North Cascades again.....you hold down the fort!

Thanks guys for the company and dry ride there and back. Ride from Roy yesterday was a nice and sunny backboard doodle to 2 and over Stevens. Left Spokane with a full belly and some rain and hail along the way got to Three Forks. For a while I was beginning to think I had overshot the mark and there it was. Walked to Wheat Montana and got a hot sandwich and a cup of Chili. In spite of the less than perfect weather it was a great ride for me.
Got in a long hot shower and am more than ready for a comfortable bed.

Thanks again

IMG_20170519_194318_hdr.jpg
IMG_20170520_190618_hdr.jpg
IMG_20170520_190528_hdr.jpg
The last being the shot from the window in the room. You can see the lights curling down the rollercoaster that is western 90 so far.

View attachment 12370
View attachment 12371
View attachment 12372
The last being the shot from the window in the room. You can see the lights curling down the rollercoaster that is western 90 so far.

ref Pic 3. There used to be a swinging lawn chair on the RV side and I would sit out there in the evenings and watch the storms come over the mountains....the same mountains that Lewis and Clark saw when they came to three rivers and had to decide which dirction to go....MyRadar shows you are having a great ride east toward Bozeman and points east. When you ride past the BigHorns, think of me....great place to ride and camp....dont forget to watch that clutch ajustment. 10-20 mm at the ball end of the lever.
I will be at three forks soon!

Gone to bed in Custer, SD. Captains Table just below, Overpriced but serves adult beverage. Western riding is awesome.

There's a really good restaurant (that you'll miss now) in Custer. I used to ride to Custer to eat when I was serving as an interim pastor in Newcastle.
It's called the Bugling Bull. If you're ever back in Custer, put it on your list. :)

I hope you a chance to ride 87 through Custer State Park. Get on it at the south end off of US-385 and then take the "Wildlife Loop." That'll bring you out on US-16 (Alternate), otherwise known as the "Peter Norbeck Scenic Byway." Take it east until 16A turns north. This will take you through the famous pigtails and you'll get outstanding views of Mt Rushmore.

Keep living the dream!

Back
Top Bottom