New NT700 - 300 Mile Trip from Dealer

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Thanks to all who contribute here. You convinced me that I needed an NT 700 ABS. There are three new 2010 NT700's locally, but no ABS. I found one with acceptable terms in the Puget Sound area on the other side of the state.

I found the following unexpected challenges: avoiding speeding tickets, maintaining a reasonable proximitity to the "chase car", and using some care with running-in a new motor. I am not sure what additional power would be used for. The ride is smooth and stable with more than enough reserve (for me).

I picked it up in Issaquah WA (west of Seattle). I took rural SR 203 North to US 2 (great motorcycle road) and followed the Skyhomish River thru the Cascade Mts over Stevens Pass (didn't stop for pictures). Hwy 2 descends to and leaves the Cascades around Leavenworth (Bavarian Theme Town). Good place for an overnight stop (120 miles). Hardly gets better than ending a ride day with a Pils and a Schnitzel (or favorite German food), accordion musik optional. Photos are in Leavenworth.

Second day was another cool but Sunny day, only persistent strong gusty winds. I am impressed by the NT's handling and stability.

US 2 from Leavenworth runs through the fruit orchards in the Columbia River valley then through a transition area and through the wheat fields of Central Washington to Spokane. Picture is part of the transition area looking west toward Chief Joseph Dam.

I was hoping to get to NTOC, but would have to get the 600 mile check enroute....(considered it...)
Have fun!
Frosty

Attachments

• Leavenworth Web.jpg
    Leavenworth Web.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 43
  • NT Downtown Web.jpg
    NT Downtown Web.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Pension Anna web.jpg
    Pension Anna web.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 46
I was hoping to get to NTOC, but would have to get the 600 mile check enroute....(considered it...)

Come on, Frosty! There's a good Honda dealer in Rapid City. Your check would be a little late, but that's not a big issue. It'd just another 862 miles. We'd sure love to have you join us.

Congrats on the new NT! I got mine just three weeks ago. Glad I did!! Enjoy your new ride!

Mike

Congrats! I have the same jacket and really like it, but it looks better on your silver bike.

Congrats!
What a great way to break in a new bike--A Northwest Tour. It is a beautiful part of the country. In the late 60s I lived in Idaho right on the Canadian Border. The area probably hasn't changed significantly. One of my all time favorite rides was through Glacier National Park--Spectacular views.

Enjoy your new silver NT.

Back
Top Bottom