We have had this discussion before.
Chronological age - in the 70's
Physiological age - in the 60's
Mental age - - about 12

JQL

Growing old disgracefully
Bike
2010 NT700 & 2019 FJR1300
I'm only just starting to think about settling down as I have a major milestone birthday coming up.

Regards
An old geezer

Bike
2011 NT
At 74 I'm still in my 1st childhood. May shift to the 2nd childhood when I turn 80.
I like your sticker.

tawilke46

You don't like my design?
Your suggested design fits me as well as a lot of other members perfectly, but other younger members.......maybe not.
Just my opinion though.

P.S. I do have quite a collection of "Old Guys Rule" tee shirts in my closet though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NooBiker
Bike
2009 BMW R1200RT
I was mostly trying to promote the sticker idea.
And maybe get a little reaction from cantankerous old guys...
I'll be 60 this year.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Pete there is a process you are required to go through to get something like this approved here. You are into it now. The process is not defined or documented. But it requires a thorough thrashing on the forum like this AND some mindful discussion by persons assembled around a campfire at Spearfish with the proper amount of alcohol to bring out all the opinions (possibly multiple times). Wisecracks and nonsenes are important ingredients. Of course home consumption of alcohol is allowed but not required for the forum participants. Of course, as Mike suggested, a consensus is unlikely. The final and most critical ingredient is someone to do it and pay for it.

OP
OP
NooBiker
Bike
2009 BMW R1200RT
I intend to be in Spearfish...and since there's probably no agenda, I'd like to not be on it.
I was thinking that Spearfish attendees should bring a 6 pack of their local craft brewery's best.
12 if you're prone to drinking 6 along the way to Spearfish.
Assuming there's room for beer amidst the tents, tools and such...logistically whisky is better.
Happy St Pats day!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Pete, have you seen my 50K and 100K stickers? Their design was based on a sticker that someone (can't remember who [one of the signs of my aging process is that I can't remember names]) brought to our first rally in Spearfish. His were different from mine in not having the mileage numbers in the middle.

I'm having a big internal debate about whether or not to make 150K stickers. Rust-in-Peace and Woodaddict are streaking toward 150,000 miles on their NTs and I'm creeping in that direction. I'm still probably 2 years or more away from reaching that milestone.

Have you found a reasonably cheap place to get stickers made? I paid a bit over $25 for 72 of the 50K stickers, IIRC, but the 100K stickers cost me about $40 for 50. I'm guessing that during my lifetime, at the rate we're going, I'll never need more than 5 or 6 of the 100K stickers. I want to get them for Rust-in-Peace and Woodaddict (and for me!), but don't feel like spending $40 for three of us!

BTW, I like your idea, even if I'm not sure that I want to acknowledge the reality that so many of us are old guys. There are a few younger guys and I don't think any of the gals riding NTs are old.

We'll kick the idea around at Spearfish -- if you don't bring finished stickers with you. See you there!

Attachments

Last edited:

silshooter

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I have "Old Guys Rule" stickers on both sides of the bike....along with several of the T-Shirts.

NooBiker could you possibly just edit out the "OLD" and change it to NT-owners.org people who ride?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm not sure if my 1990 birth date is considered old yet and I like to ride a lot.

P.S. here's a quick sticker edit.

Attachments

Top Bottom