NT700V Motorcycle Cover

Bike
2010 Red NT700
At the time I bought the motorcycle I also ordered a cover for it. A few days ago I opened the box to put the cover over the bike. I think it is just too small for this motorcycle. The dealer insists it is the cover listed for the NT700. The size listed on the box is SB. They also have M, L, XL, XXL.

According to the box, the following motorcycles would fit the various sizes:

SB-CBR 600
M-Rebel, Nighthawk, VFR800
L-Silverwing, Shadow 750, ST1300
XL-Valkyrie, VTX 1300, VTX 1800
XXL-Goldwing

Considering I will install the larger pannier lids, which one do you recommend I get? Those of you who have a Honda cover for your NT700, please help, and those of you who don't, please help me guess which one would fit the best. I do not expect good help from dealer on this one because their heads are stuck on the one they gave me.
Clearly, that one is not working out as I barely can get the cover over the rearview mirrors. According to the pictures of the example bikes listed above on the box, the cover should go down and cover all the way down over the wheels.

freezingalaskan

At the time I bought the motorcycle I also ordered a cover for it. A few days ago I opened the box to put the cover over the bike. I think it is just too small for this motorcycle. The dealer insists it is the cover listed for the NT700. The size listed on the box is SB. They also have M, L, XL, XXL.

SB-CBR 600
XXL-Goldwing

Considering I will install the larger pannier lids, which one do you recommend I get? Those of you who have a Honda cover for your NT700, please help, and those of you who don't, please help me guess which one would fit the best. I do not expect good help from dealer on this one because their heads are stuck on the one they gave me.
Clearly, that one is not working out as I barely can get the cover over the rearview mirrors. According to the pictures of the example bikes listed above on the box, the cover should go down and cover all the way down over the wheels.

freezingalaskan

You want to get at least a large. The NT is not much smaller than the ST in physical size. A couple inches shorter in length and maybe an inch shorter in height. If you put a top box on the bike you might want to go with an XL

Last edited:
I use the same cover that I used from my previous Honda Shadow 750, a large according to your chart. Works well.

Thank you all....yes I do have the top box, although I am not likely to keep that on for long-time storage. Great, I will go with XL.

freezingalaskan

I use a Dowco XL on the NT and the Silverwing. Smaller covers are fine until you put a larger windshield on it, a top case, etc.

SB-CBR 600
XXL-Goldwing

freezingalaskan

I have the same cover. At first I thought it was too small. It actually fits perfect. It does not go to the ground however. About one quarter of the wheel is exposed. If you want to use a top box it will not cover it. I would guess the large pannier covers will also cause a problem. If I bought one for the large side covers I would go for the L or large size.

George, which size did you get? Do you have big lids or small?

I have a Guardian XL that I bought for my VTX that I use on my NT with the Givi top box mounted. Any size smaller would not fit due to the box.

I have the Traveller B. It will not cover a top case, but I think that the Traveller A will.

edit: I just looked at their site and they no longer have the Traveller A. Instead, they have the X and XT and show pics of them on a Leadwing. I like my cover because it packs down so small, yet covers the top of the bike to keep off the weather and shield it from prying eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have cover for you---free----Genuine Honda bought in Japan, used in US/Europe/Asia-----work great, even has covered my Kawasaki Concours, so is big enough-----is taking up storage space.

contact me at 715 894 7857 or jgrinsel@yahoo.com can be mailed.

John Grinsel

John,
I'll take the cover if you still have it.

Thanks,
Bob

That is a great looking cover... might get it as a "take-along" on trips.
I did order and picked up a larger Honda cover, but have yet to try it.

freezingalaskan

I ordered a large half cover. It will force me to take off the top box and it will only cover the top half of the bike but I only got it for road trips and I wanted it to be as minimal as possible for weight and mass. We'll see how it goes.
Yours looks really great Rick and should go along way towards protecting your bike.

Toldja!

That's how I do it. Lay it out on the bed and roll it up. Gets the dew off, too.:rofl1:

Be careful of the hot exhaust and watch out in high wind. It can act like a sail and tip the bike over.

On Monday we had tornado's reported in our area (Nashville) with high winds up to 70 mph. A lot of downed trees and even trucks were blown off the road. My NT was parked on its side stand in the parking lot of my apartment complex. It had on its Honda cover. I worried all day about what I would find when I came home and was pleased to see that it was still standing and the cover was on it like I left it. The building might have acted as a wind block our I was just lucky.

Well I got the SB cover from the dealer who said it was the NT cover, it fits without the topbox but doest cover all the way to the ground like I want it too. So I am going to try to get the dealer to get me the XL to fit with top box and taller windshield.

I got the dealer to take the SB cover back, and instead ordered the XL for the same price. The XL works great, fits over the mirrors, and goes all the way down close to the ground with the top box. I also anticipate they will fit over my larger lids which are not yet installed. Very happy with this switch-over. Although I will probably buy a half cover as well for when on the road in order to keep top of bike dry. I just have to take the top box with me into the room (or tent). I think Igo got something posted earlier that I will order....

freezingalaskan

I got the dealer to take the SB cover back, and instead ordered the XL for the same price. The XL works great, fits over the mirrors, and goes all the way down close to the ground with the top box. I also anticipate they will fit over my larger lids which are not yet installed. Very happy with this switch-over. Although I will probably buy a half cover as well for when on the road in order to keep top of bike dry. I just have to take the top box with me into the room (or tent). I think Igo got something posted earlier that I will order....

freezingalaskan

What is the Honda part number for the XL

Sorry, I don't have access to it now, as the box is at home. Plus, I am not sure the part number is printed on the box. But, on the back of the box it says that the XL fits
XL-Valkyrie, VTX 1300, VTX 1800. That should help you at the dealer. Maybe someone else can chime in here to assist you....

freezingalaskan

Sorry, I don't have access to it now, as the box is at home. Plus, I am not sure the part number is printed on the box. But, on the back of the box it says that the XL fits
XL-Valkyrie, VTX 1300, VTX 1800. That should help you at the dealer. Maybe someone else can chime in here to assist you....

freezingalaskan

With the motorcycle model numbers you gave me I went to accessories4bikes and they list the part number as 08P34-MCH-200 and it is $92.36.
Thanks

Last edited:
I bought a Nelson Riggs half cover/large for the NT. It fits the bike with the Cee Baileys +2 and the truck has to come off. It was absolutely perfect for my California trip, weighs nothing and compacts very small. All I wanted it for was to cover the top half so I didn't have a wet bike the next morning for my electronics and seating.

Back
Top Bottom