NT700V Motorcycle Cover

Bike
Silver NT700V
Igo, do you have a top case yet, and do you thing the Nelson Riggs would go over one?

Thanks,

Chuck

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I have a "Classic Moto Gear" Lg. that I used on my Ninja for 2 years. I use it on overnights when a garage is not available. It fits the NT fine if I fold the mirrors in. Available at Wal-Mart online. I have also seen them at VIP Auto Stores. It wears like iron and appears to be quite well made. Folds up small.

Igo

Igo, do you have a top case yet, and do you thing the Nelson Riggs would go over one?

Thanks,

Chuck
I have the GIVI V46 top case and I used it for luggage at night. I never left it on my bike overnight on my California trip last week. My size Large Nelson Riggs half cover would not fit if the top box was left on but my entire philosophy is about functional miniaturization. Being very conscience about purchasing top quality yet compact equipment will allow the NT to be a fully functional touring outfit. Taking the top box off and only covering the top half of the bike allows for really easy cover installation and a cover that packs away easily and at a truly diminutive size.
BTW, I wouldn't leave the top box on the bike at night when I traveled unless I was in a really safe place.

Edited to add:
The Nelson Riggs half cover folds down to the size of a grapefruit and has two spandex loops mid-point down the sides that catch the footpegs perfectly. There is absolutely no ties or adjustments that haveto be made. It is the easiest cover I have ever installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bike
Silver NT700V
Thanks for the info. I will like go with the V46 top box as well after thinking about the Honda and Coo Case ones. Still debatatory (?) over covers but can see that one is needed when the bike is not stored in a garage.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700 ABS
The honda cover size SB is doing a decent job, but the bottom of the bike is getting quite a bit of rain splatter on the bottom from the rain. It also maybe appears to be letting a tiny bit of water in near the top of the windshield. All in all, I need a bigger cover, it wont fit a aftermarket windshield, and I doubt it will pack down very well either.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
The honda cover size SB is doing a decent job, but the bottom of the bike is getting quite a bit of rain splatter on the bottom from the rain. It also maybe appears to be letting a tiny bit of water in near the top of the windshield. All in all, I need a bigger cover, it wont fit a aftermarket windshield, and I doubt it will pack down very well either.
The Honda cover is pretty heavy duty and does not pack down well. I can hardly get it back in the bag it came in. For travel purposes you probably need a lighter weight cover. I purchased a 1/2 cover for travel purposes and I am going to purchase a lg or xlg Honda cover for home use. I agree that the SB cover is hardly adequate.

Nashional

I had a cover on my list of thing-to-get for the bike. Then I remembered I saw a half-cover that I bought many years ago for my Wing in a closet. It had never been taken out of the bag. It's an Ultragard. It went on quite well, but I haven't tried to pack it back up yet. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mona

I, too am looking to purchase a cover for my 2010 NT with the Honda top case. Sizes vary not only by cover manufacturer, but also style. For quick reference, take a look at the Dowco cover chart and you will see that for the same bike, the cover size varies by style of cover. I personally plan to purchase the Dowco UltraLight Plus for garage storage and traveling. The Dowco reference charts lists Large as the correct size for the NT, but that may not be big enough with the top case. I'll post more when I get the cover.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I just ordered a Geeza cover. It's got pockets for the mirrors, and has been custom-made to fit an NT700V with a top-case and big pannier lids. I'll post pix when it comes.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I just ordered a Geeza cover. It's got pockets for the mirrors, and has been custom-made to fit an NT700V with a top-case and big pannier lids. I'll post pix when it comes.
I did not see the NT listed on their web site. Did you have to have it custom made to your specs ?

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
i have a the "large" dynamax cover i had the dealer throw in when i took delivery of my NT. it definitely does not fit with the top case on, and isn't quite large enough in my opinion anyway. the lower half of the wheels are exposed. i plan to get a cycle shell in the spring anyway so i don't mind it for now.

for traveling, i have a nelson-riggs half cover (xl i think it was). got this after reading someone else's review on it. packs very small - i store it in the pass-through area between the panniers. curious to see what your new cover looks like phil.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I did not see the NT listed on their web site. Did you have to have it custom made to your specs ?
It's not on their website, but they said they had the build dimensions for the NT. It's a new model cover that's not on their website at all yet, and they were offering it for a low price to IBA members. I can't remember what I paid for it, but it was way less what I would have thought I'd have to pay for a Geeza. Their guy called me and we talked about the bike and the cover. It ought to show up here in the next few days. When it does, I'll post pictures.

BTW, apparently the IBA discount is going to be an ongoing thing with Geeza.

Mona

I just purchased a Dowco Guardian Ultralite Plus Cover for my NT700V.
Large is the recommended size for the bike without a top case.
Since I have a top case I got the X-Large and it fits perfect.
I ordered mine from Motorcycle Superstore and they were very helpful with sizing info.
Mona

Top Bottom