12th Nat'l NT Rally - Jun 22-25, 2022 - Spearfish, SD

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
The RSVP at the top of this thread is only showing myself and Yoda going from this site, please update if you're going.

Also, don't forget to call or email the campground so they have you on record and you get the discounted rate.
They would also appreciate a call if you are on the road and will be early or late, but since we group camp, it doesnt make a whole lot of difference.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Just 3 weeks away, been looking forward to it all year... lol

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I don't know if this is my 10th anniversary or if that was last year. Either way I'm sorry to miss it. Just bad scheduling. I have an obligation I just can't get out of that week. I'll miss all you folks and the conversation around the campfires. I won't miss the snoring in adjacent tents though. Jim Moore, you'll have to wake someone else up to go start the early coffee ceremonies in the mornings. Mellow gets up early but I don't think you could make him drink that coffee. Anyone taking bets on how many trips Chris makes to Walmat this year???

You guys have a good time and post up some pictures for me. (Faces and motorcycles - NOT pictures of food, Chris). Joe F, keep track of your glasses this year. You guys had better appoint another official historian since Phil is unable to attend this year.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Definitely gonna miss a few of you but no worries, we'll try to compensate and we'll do it again next year.

Chris is the only person I know that returns home with more stuff than he left with... :rofl1:

Bike
2010 red NT700 1983 VF750
I don't know if this is my 10th anniversary or if that was last year. Either way I'm sorry to miss it. Just bad scheduling. I have an obligation I just can't get out of that week. I'll miss all you folks and the conversation around the campfires. I won't miss the snoring in adjacent tents though. Jim Moore, you'll have to wake someone else up to go start the early coffee ceremonies in the mornings. Mellow gets up early but I don't think you could make him drink that coffee. Anyone taking bets on how many trips Chris makes to Walmat this year???

You guys have a good time and post up some pictures for me. (Faces and motorcycles - NOT pictures of food, Chris). Joe F, keep track of your glasses this year. You guys had better appoint another official historian since Phil is unable to attend this year.
Well, I'm hoping to make it this year n was thinking maybe we could ride out together Jim... next time. Instead we'll have to have one of our meetings in the UP. There are a couple of people who would love to come ride our area. Perhaps we can work something out in the next month or two. In the meantime I'm looking forward to the western Rally. We can't have Mellow being the only BMW rider now! hehe.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Definitely gonna miss a few of you but no worries, we'll try to compensate and we'll do it again next year.

Chris is the only person I know that returns home with more stuff than he left with... :rofl1:
Like those Dollar and a quarter bottles of ready made margarittas and mudslides? Ya sure youbetcha! Me and my Honda on the Beartooth 8 years ago....
1654310565240.png

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Getting the V-Strom (Wee) ready for the trip to Spearfish. Wanted to try some different tires for a while on the Wee, even though the present Shinkos still have some life. Going with Michelin Anakee 3's Dual Sport tire. A 90/10. I am getting too old to do a lot of off pavement stuff anymore. Hope to see you all there as long as wife's medical does not worsen. O-by the way I am going to try my hand at Tent Camping again.:rofl1: Planning on riding up, no trailering this year.

SAM_6738.JPGSAM_6740.JPGSAM_6741.JPGSAM_6742.JPG

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
More than 60 days since measurable precipitation here in major drought New Mexico.
Current forecast is for our first rain potential on June 19, the VERY DAY I am scheduled to depart for Spearfish.
Looks like a good trial for the new ‘Stich.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Getting the V-Strom (Wee) ready for the trip to Spearfish. Wanted to try some different tires for a while on the Wee, even though the present Shinkos still have some life. Going with Michelin Anakee 3's Dual Sport tire. A 90/10. I am getting too old to do a lot of off pavement stuff anymore. Hope to see you all there as long as wife's medical does not worsen. O-by the way I am going to try my hand at Tent Camping again.:rofl1: Planning on riding up, no trailering this year.

SAM_6738.JPGSAM_6740.JPGSAM_6741.JPGSAM_6742.JPG
Tire change Done. Will scrub them in after dinner tonight when it cools off. Too hot now 95 degrees now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
Bad news. Thought I had a cold this week, but tested positive for Covid-19 on Thursday. Even though I am improved, I am not 100%. I need to be at my best for a long trip like Spearfish. Will definitely miss the fun and friends this year, but don’t want anyone else to get the disease either. See y’all in 2023.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Bad news. Thought I had a cold this week, but tested positive for Covid-19 on Thursday. Even though I am improved, I am not 100%. I need to be at my best for a long trip like Spearfish. Will definitely miss the fun and friends this year, but don’t want anyone else to get the disease either. See y’all in 2023.
Sorry to hear that, hope you get better fast, there's always next year.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I am so sorry and you are not alone. Many of my friends are getting it, some twice. I will miss seeing you. (Stop going to town) I think I had it in the very beginning as I still cant taste and smell so good but the doc couldnt get me tested as I didnt have a fever. The good news is that the current wisdom is that the long term effects of Omicron, BA2.12, etc are much less than Alpha and Delta. Take it easy and see if you tire easily after a few weeks.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Is this your first go-around with COVID, Yoda? I hope you're over it soon. I also hope to make it in '23.

Top Bottom