1st ride after Rear Shock shorter bottom eye "lowering kit"

kenstone

I just wanted to thank DirtFlier (Tosh) for mailing me his custom made spring compressor (twice:eek:) that I used for swapping out the shock eye to lower my NT700.
He also sent detailed instructions with pics, allowing me to do the swap without removing the rear wheel, in record time:cool:.

On the 1st ride on the "Lead Sled" (formerly known as Rhonda) for the season and after the lowering, the bike felt heavy and more like a motor home than a motorcycle.
After a little weaving test, and what it felt like, I remembered I hadn't checked the tire pressure:shrug2:.
Yep that's what was going on, so I stood on my head to try and read the swingarm tire sticker for the proper PSI, it's now obscured because of the lower stance:doh1:...hauled out the manual

I was able to ride again yesterday, for 100 miles, and all is good with the proper tire pressure:wine2:.
Thanks again Tosh,
Ken

Marker

Can you estimate how lower the seat is now?

Not wanting to get too personal, but what is your inseam, and how is your stance while stopped?

I have someone who may be interested in the NT, but it is too tall for them stock. Mine is just right, but at the limit for my height of 5'-8".

Thanks

OP
OP

kenstone

My inseam is 30-31" and I'm 5' 8-9" on a good day.
My NT is the fattest/widest thru the middle/saddle bike I've ever owned.

The Eye mfg'er claims a 35mm reduction in seat height.
The instructions instruct the new eye be threaded on "at least" 13mm onto the shaft so I threaded it on until the shaft bottomed in the hole:p and tightened the locknut up to it.
I did this to get the most/lowest seat possible and my reasoning is if something hits (tire to fender liner, etc.) I will go back in and adjust it:cool:.

I'm flat foot, knees slightly bent with my Hermon Munster boots on:redface:.
Ken

Top Bottom