2 up riding in the heat?

Bike
2010 NT700V
So how can I keep my passenger cool on the back. If I put the wind shield down, my vented jacket will keep me comfortable into the 80s, but how is my passenger staying cool directly behind me?

Last edited:

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
So how can I keep my passenger cool on the back. If I put the wind shield down, my vented jacket will keep me comfortable into the 80s, but how is my passenger staying cool directly behind me?
There is not an easy way to keep a passenger cool unfortunately. Both the NT and you act as a wind block creating "dead" air zones that can be uncomfortable. The best suggestion I have is mesh gear that allow them to get some airflow to at least "feel" cooler... Holding an arm out and getting the feeling of a breeze goes a long way in making most passengers think they are cooler, regardless of whether they are or not. A helmet with very good airflow for the passenger is a must as most folks tend to feel hot and uncomfortable in a closed up full face helmet. The biggest issue you can control is getting your passenger gear that fits them properly. A jacket or helmet that is too small will feel too warm...fit your passenger's gear like you would want to be fitted for gear... And keep them, and you, well hydrated....

Top Bottom