2 years with the NT

silshooter

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Bought new May 3rd in 2014, a 2010 Silver non-abs... 14857 miles on the clock now. This is my 50th year of motorcycling and I think the 32nd personal bike I have owed. This has to be one of my favorite bikes over the years, now I need to do more memorable rides instead of just roaming around the local area.
Ride Safe,
Charlie

Why don’t you come join us in Spearfish, Charlie? It’s only 1,114 miles.

We will be at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM shooting the silhouette championships, for a couple of weeks in July,. Bad timing for me.
Will be much closer in June, Grand Island, NE for another shooting match....Lots of equipment to haul, will be in a door slammer for these trips.
Thanks for the invite.
C-Ya,
Charlie

Maybe we'll run into each other somewhere.....sometime.

We will be at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM shooting the silhouette championships, for a couple of weeks in July,. Bad timing for me.
Will be much closer in June, Grand Island, NE for another shooting match....Lots of equipment to haul, will be in a door slammer for these trips.
Thanks for the invite.
C-Ya,
Charlie

I'll be in the midst of a long ride in July - part of my Spearfish trip.

I'll be riding through Raton on Sunday, July 17, and staying overnight there. If you're still at Whittington (and yes, I know where that is - I used to live in Angelfire), lets get together for dinner.

I'll be riding through Raton on Sunday, July 17

I spent the night in Raton on my last trip out west when I rode the Western Dragon (AZ 191) a must-ride if you have the time...ALSO a ride through the Gila Nat'l forest was amazing
First decent meal I had eaten in a few days...cant remember the name of the place...kind of a family steakhouse; maybe it was a K-Bobs
Nothing to write home about, but the staff was friendly and the meal was decent
Not much to choose from in Raton anyway

The post title reminded me of the famous literary classic "Two years before the mast," by Richard H. Dana. :)

Comanche, we will be departing the 16th... these matches are July 12-15th, sorry to miss you. Hope to get there on the 9th or 10th.
ReNigel, K-Bobs is one of the standard restaurants in Raton. There are a few local places that have some good options, but you need to experiment, or get a local to help one find them. If you are looking for chain restaurants it is necessary to make a short trip into Trinidad Colorado.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom