2005 Ninjette

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I was just talking to this kid I work with who has a 2005 250 Ninja he'd like to sell. He claims it has less than 1000 miles on it. The only damage it has is a broken turn signal and whatever scratches it got when Gustav blew thru Baton Rouge and blew it over on the ping pong table.
He says he would take $300 for it but here's the catch for me:
It hasnt been started in two years, which means it will probably need some work. I could spare $300 for the bike but i dont know how much I would spend rebuilding carbs and such
What would the pitfalls be if I did pull the trigger?

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Clay,

If he either put good non-ethonol , or race gas in tank, or drained tank and ran cabs DRY no problem. If he put fuel stabilize in it should be OK?

Open gas tank and smell inside, if it smells like gas OK, if it smell like varnish chances are thecarburators will require being gon through. Setting two years = most likely a bad battery as well.

For the price it sounds like a very good buy. If I were in your area I would be realinterested if you didn't jump on it,but I am too far away for it to be calling to me.

Eldon

Bike
Fluids should probably be changed out as well as well as AF.

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I probably wont since its so far away, but f it was local I would sure go look at it.
I can pretty much bet this kid didnt drain the fuel or put an medicine in it beofre he parked it

Bike
what is milage from you to Baton Rouge? & back? 4 -500 miles? If y ou have a fuel efficient vehicle y ou won't have too much into it, you might dicker with him a little and get price down somewhat for sight unseen and potential fuel system problems, particulsrly if this really is attractive to you, on other hand their new 300cc upgrade is only about $4,000.00 I think, or keep watching used adds etc. On the other hanc the 50 ninja is a loot more bike for not too much more $$$ than a new 300 ninja.

Eldon

Bike
what is milage from you to Baton Rouge? & back? 4 -500 miles? If y ou have a fuel efficient vehicle y ou won't have too much into it, you might dicker with him a little and get price down somewhat for sight unseen and potential fuel system problems, particulsrly if this really is attractive to you, on other hand their new 300cc upgrade is only about $4,000.00 I think, or keep watching used adds etc. On the other hanc the 50 ninja is a loot more bike for not too much more $$$ than a new 300 ninja.

Or alternate idea; check with a locl shop and tell them all as you have posted and get a estimated price fo cab rebuild an service& fluids change . Use that as a bargaining chip!

Eldon

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I should stick to the one bike. I cant even afford to get the 24K mile service on my NT
It doesnt make sense to add to my expenses
I guess I was just dreaming

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Sounds fishy to me as well. It has not run in two years so that means it last ran in 2012. Its a 2005 so it ran for 7 years and it only has 1,000 miles on it. It appears that it has been sitting around a lot longer than two years. Does not much matter though since it does not appear anyone on the list is buying it.

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I havent seen the bike. The kid says his cousin (girl) received it new as a gift and lost interest after about 200 miles, then he bought it for $2500 and only rode it a few hundred before he entered the service
It got knocked over by what was left of Gustav when it blew thru Baton Rouge
He claims it knocked off a turn signal and not much more
If it was here in town i would probably go for it
But I dont want to fool with it being 432 miles from here

And as I said before. If I cant scrape up the dough to get my NT serviced, I dont have any business buying a second bike right now.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I had an 07 Ninja 250 which was the first year that Kawa went to a more modern fairing, went from 16" to 17" wheels, and made some mods on the engine. It was a really nice bike. The 05 and 06 were also very nice bikes that handled the twisties with a vengeance. They also got great gas milage (65 to 70mpg). These bikes are fast, will easily do the ton, and rev up to 14,000 RPM. For $300 you can't go wrong. Just make sure it has the proper paperwork.

silverdevil

as well as my 2010 NT I have an 08 Ninja 650r that is fun around town, banana seat is no good for trips but it is fun around town. I have about 14,000 miles on it.

Top Bottom