2010 nt700va - Do I have an ABS model?

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I picked up my new leftover red 2010 NT700 that I thought was and was priced as a NT700V with standard braking. However, the sticker under the seat and on the Honda Card that shows VIN/Engine Number say that the model is a NT700VA. I though the VA suffix meant ABS. However, there is no ABS indicator in the dash display area. I doubly confirmed this by shining a flashlight on the light display cutouts and there is no ABS area. Any suggestions how I can easily determine if I have an ABS model or if I am mistaken in what NT700VA designates or ???

elizilla

The "A" in NT700VA just means it's a 2010 model. If it had ABS it would be NT700VA-A.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
None of the ABS bikes are red (at least not 2010s in the US). I'm thinking that about 1/3 of the bikes imported were red, and the other 2/3 were split between ABS and non-ABS silver bikes.

My ABS bike shows as an NT700VAA.

The silver ABS models also have a decal on the front fender that says "combined ABS." The ABS brakes also have a slotted disc inside the brake disk itself which is part of the spin-monitoring system (don't you just love my ability to make up technical terms like "spin-monitoring system?")

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
When in doubt, look at the right side of the front wheel for the sensor ring and sensor. Only on Silver NT's

Top Bottom