2010 nt700va - Do I have an ABS model?

JKOVAL

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I picked up my new leftover red 2010 NT700 that I thought was and was priced as a NT700V with standard braking. However, the sticker under the seat and on the Honda Card that shows VIN/Engine Number say that the model is a NT700VA. I though the VA suffix meant ABS. However, there is no ABS indicator in the dash display area. I doubly confirmed this by shining a flashlight on the light display cutouts and there is no ABS area. Any suggestions how I can easily determine if I have an ABS model or if I am mistaken in what NT700VA designates or ???

The "A" in NT700VA just means it's a 2010 model. If it had ABS it would be NT700VA-A.

None of the ABS bikes are red (at least not 2010s in the US). I'm thinking that about 1/3 of the bikes imported were red, and the other 2/3 were split between ABS and non-ABS silver bikes.

My ABS bike shows as an NT700VAA.

The silver ABS models also have a decal on the front fender that says "combined ABS." The ABS brakes also have a slotted disc inside the brake disk itself which is part of the spin-monitoring system (don't you just love my ability to make up technical terms like "spin-monitoring system?")

Back
Top Bottom