2012 fjr

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Well, they may not have changed much, but they did invent a new word adn that's always worth something. Usually when you're talking about something being at the peak of its class, you'd use the word 'pinnacle," not "pinnicle."

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The seat height is good but it is a wider bike that offsets the low seat height a bit. I just couldn't get comfortable...

Rick,

Yamaha "rotates" the FJR color annually. The blue has been around for a long time and is a very nice color "in person".....

OP
OP
Because a dealer is within five minutes of me I wish Yamaha would have done this differently. I am surprised they did not jump on the traction control band wagon. I would try it if they would do that and go with a more comfortable seat. The seat really does not work for me. However the lack of traction control on such a powerful engine is concerning for my uneducated right hand. Since there are so many sport bikes going that way I await to see what Honda might do with say the ST.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Honda had the traction control on the ST1100 ABS version. They did away with it on the ST1300. To bad. I guess the cost of providing it did not justify the limited return.

ken45

I just bought a 2011 FJR three weeks ago. I really like it (an NT was also in the running).

I would have to see the blue up close. I'm not really excited about the silver FJR but it's okay and doesn't show the dirt. Perhaps the biggest thing I miss about the Goldwing that I traded it was the good looks of the dark red.

I haven't noticed any need for traction control.

I think Honda needs to offer the NT with ABS in red ;-)

I get the feeling that none of the manufacturers are offering significant changes in the current market.

Ken

ken45

Congratulations Ken on your new FJR. Ride safe with all that horsepower.
Paul
Paul,

Thanks. I do NOT notice the horsepower. I guess it's just my riding style, I'm not one to push the rpm's up. I never have on any bike. In the 2-3k range the FJR is plenty well behaved. Maybe that's why the NT didn't appeal to me, I just can't see revving anything up to 5-6K.

Ken

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Not meaning to sound confrontational or judgmental, but what's wrong with using an engine the way it's designed to be used. I can't imagine never pushing an FJR up into the 7-8,000 rpm range, even if it's only when merging onto a freeway.

Oh, well... everyone rides his own ride and that's the way it should be. Enjoy the FJR!

ken45

Phil,

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just that it's not my style. I just can't bring myself to rev an engine up faster than it needs to be run. Besides, I get better fuel economy :)

As for merging onto a freeway, well maybe if I found a short ramp... But the couple of times I have gotten onto a freeway, I was easily above the speed limit and had to drop the speed down by the end of the ramp. BTW, in Ohio, 10 over the limit is ticket territory. Ohio's Interstate limit is 65, Kentucky's is 70.

Ken

Top Bottom