2015 Honda Touring Line

Bike
'10 NT 84 BMW R100RT Ural
Very little can be done that is not on the same engine and frame. Much like H-D, if it ain't Broke don't fix it. Riders know what the get from those models, and don't expect much in the way of change. Too bad the NT did not get the same life as the Goldwing format.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
The manufacturers build what they think "we" want. If we had bought a lot of NT's they would still be bring them in. Business is there to make money, they make someone happy along the way all the better. They don't make money they disappear.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Have to agree with Chuck.. Hope my NT keeps going for a long time. Just rolled over 44,535 miles last week (exactly 3 years of ownership). I hope it will be good for many more.
With 4 bikes and a wife I am surprised that I am up to 32,000 miles on mine now. I have her stripped down for the 32k service. Putting on a new front tire today and straightening up some farkle wiring and then next week will be checking the valves, and an oil change.

SAM_3608.jpg SAM_3609.jpg SAM_3610.jpg

Last edited:

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
There he goes again! Showing off that damned garage!

:wink:

Mike

Bike
2010 Red NT700
Nice to see another taken-apart NT in just one day. I was called today by my dealer to let me come in to their shop and have a look at the innards of my NT while they were doing the 8,000 mile service which includes the valves. (I had requested they do that, and they agreed.) I actually did most of the plastic removal myself before I drove it there because I have some electrical outlets in the fairing pockets that I did not want them to mess up. Anyway, now seeing what it looks like under the tank I may even check the valves myself in the future. My evening after everyone is in bed will be spent putting the plastic back slowly and just enjoy some alone time tinkering.

My garage does not look like the one in the pictures, but almost.

freezingalaskan

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
The manufacturers build what they think "we" want. If we had bought a lot of NT's they would still be bring them in.
Sport tourers are a niche market. I doubt if Yamaha sells more than 10000 FJR's world wide each year. They cannot be making much money. I suspect for them it is a flagship product.

Last edited:

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
After reading the first post, I visited the Honda website. I too was disappointed in their offerings. If something would happen to Traveller, there is nothing new that Honda offers that would tick all my boxes. Yamaha seems to be taking the lead in developing exciting, affordable bikes. If I were a tad younger, the FJR would fit nicely in my garage as it seems to fit my needs/wants most closely. The Moto Guzzi Norge comes close but air cooled and no dealers nearby make it a non-starter.

Mike

Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
Flagship products to me are aspirational things. $16000 MSRP is in reach for a lot of us here.
True. They are also a demo of, "See what we can do without cutting too many corners."

And if you do want to buzz around on two wheels without spending a lot of money, you can buy a CB500F. Of course, you give up things like weather protection and shaft drive.

I got lucky and found a barely used '13 for $3K less. Plus I had practically been saving for it for the past 15 years.

Top Bottom