2021 Honda Motorcycle Sales in India

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
These sales figures are pretty amazing so people are buying motorcycles; unfortunately, not so much here! Just for reference, the 350 is considered a big bike in India, similar to our 1100-1500 size here. :)

Last edited:
Is 10,000 impressive for India?

Approximately 0.000007% of their population has bought a CB350.

That number is just after a couple of months and it’s sold as a premium motorcycle as compared to other brands sold in India at a lower price point.

Interesting.

I have an unnatural fascination with the tiny-displacement bikes that Honda, and others, make for sale in the Vietnam, Malay, and Indian markets. I recall reading an overview on a 140, not sure the model code, made for sale in Vietnam - a fully-modern thumper, had a front disc brake, and sold for less than $1000 (equivalent). Full-size wheels and frame and styled like a modern machine (except for the oh-so-80s square headlight.

Love to buy one of those and do a grey-market importation...

Indeed - when you go to places like China, India, VN and developing nations in Africa, you see an entire spectrum of bikes that we have never ever seen - and likely never will.

The thing is that traffic speeds are much slower and the maintenance capabilities much lower - but the loads these little machines carry are far far higher (like 4-5 people on a 175 at 30 MPH is not at all uncommon).

When I was in Morrocco, the locals had huge "trucks" attached to what appeared to be the front portion of a 150-175 motorcycle. I suspect they were Chinese-made motorcycles originally.

Last edited:
"...It's how all those Japanese kei trucks are coming in. Perfectly legal..."

I've yet to see one on the road so I wonder if they can be licensed for road use? I have seen many being used as a golf course utility vehicle or at a business with a large paved areas. If you tried to drive one on the road, you'd be passed by anything and everything including people on bicycles!

In Japan, one of my co-workers had an Honda N360 and I rode in it often. He'd rev it like crazy through all the gears then we'd only be going about 30 mph!

Where can I order one?

Seriously. If we're ever able to move about freely again...it might be fun to go to India, buy a 20-year-old Honda 140 or whatever, and then import it when done.

I'd love to have that one; but DOT requires that new vehicles meet Federal standards. But 20 years old or older...it's fair game.

It's how all those Japanese kei trucks are coming in. Perfectly legal, since they're older than 20 years.
Honda seems to think you will buy the "Fury" or the "Rebel" instead of a sane bike like the Highness.....
Those bikes wont last two model years.....

I hate to be the one to break the news to you... 🤔 The Fury has already been around for ten years as it was introduced in 2009 as a 2010 model.
I have never seen one! I think they must be designed to go from bar to bar in big cities. I went to their forum and they were talking about things you could do on them that we cant talk about on a family forum.....

I was poking around on YouTube and came across this video for the 2021 Honda GB350 in Japan. It’s got my mouth watering

:yr1:

Just a guess but I'd say they perhaps have an easier standard for "49cc and lower" similar to US EPA.

Eons ago, it griped me that motorcycles in the US were required to meet emission standards while lawn mowers and other lawn care equipment could be as "dirty" as they wanted. These days, I have to believe that lawn care equipment also have to meet emissions at least in the metro counties.

Looks good. Is matt finish a fad I missed or is it only for Japan?

You guys need to get out more 😊 Matte paint has been used on production motorcycles for several years now. Usually on cruisers but it has migrated to many other styles as well.

H-D has been doing matte finishes for several years.:rolleyes: I was looking at one when the salesman walked up and starting talking about the "great" matte look. I looked at him and said I thought it was in primer paint and wanted to know how much more the paint job cost. Speechless and confused was the best way to describe that sales guy... 😀

Have you ever seen it on a new car? I remember seeing this matte paint on new cars at the Chicago auto show a few years ago, and it looks awful. Surprised it didn't sell? Not me.

Back
Top Bottom