25,000 mile check-up

Bike
'10 Silver NT700
I've been simply riding my bike for the last year or so and now have 26K+ on the odo. No significant maintenance has been done. I'm looking to have the 25K mile checkup done and want to know what's included in it so when I call the local Honda dealer, I will already know what they are doing for the amount they quote me.

I'm also looking to install an electronic tire pressure monitor system when they replace both tires - I'm looking at the inner rim mounts rather than on the valve stem. Not that the rear tire has enough wear to require it, but I did plug a leak in it during a summertime trip from Philadelphia down to Southeastern Kentucky, and figure it's probably safer to just replace both when I have the TPMS installed. Plus, I'll feel a bit safer riding the rest of the winter with new rubber.

What can I expect the dealer to include in the 25K check-up?

Cameron

Cameron, if you haven't had any maintenance done at all, I'd want the dealer to check the valve adjustment. How old is the bike? If it's getting toward two years, I'd have them flush the cooling system and replace the brake fluid. I'd want the final drive fluid changed and when you get that rear tire mounted, be sure they lube the splines with Honda's Moly-60. Check the brake pads, too, but they should be still good at 25-26K miles.

Cameron, if you haven't had any maintenance done at all, I'd want the dealer to check the valve adjustment. How old is the bike? If it's getting toward two years, I'd have them flush the cooling system and replace the brake fluid. I'd want the final drive fluid changed and when you get that rear tire mounted, be sure they lube the splines with Honda's Moly-60. Check the brake pads, too, but they should be still good at 25-26K miles.

Probably spark plugs and airfilter as well.

Back
Top Bottom