60 mpg

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I decided to go on a shake down ride on Sunday to test out the GPS and throttle lock I had installed. I took a 4 hour ride on the two lanes of Tennessee. The max speeds on these roads was from 45-55 mph. I traveled at the posted speed limits or at most 5 over. it was a very hot day (101?F). When I got home I filled the tank. My actual average was 60.95 mpg. My panel said I averaged 64.3 mpg.
The throttle lock worked great and so did the GPS although I need a new set of head phones since the earbuds had a tendency to get pulled out when I put my helmet on. I think I will get a pair of ER6I's or NR-10's.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
I ride mostly 2 lane highways, 45-60mph. Reset my MPG Computation almost 1000 miles ago and it read 62.4 average yesterday. I get 56-57 mpg calculated. Your mpg is good news. There have been a few low 40F's in my rides and suspect that as it (if it ever) gets warmer my mpg will improve. Always nice to save a little.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Sam, I've never gotten mid-50s when running 75mph. I'm typically in the high 40s - low 50s at that speed. I did get 63mpg (calculated) at the Rally on the day we just rode to Mt Rushmore and back. My all-time high was 64.3 on a tank between here and Chadron, NE, last summer. Of course, I had a tailwind. It was one of about three trips when I've had a good tailwind, BTW. :)

lcseds

I was using the ER6i. But since I have bought the iPhone and use it for music, I bought the MC3 "headset". The cable is much better, no where near the constant tangle of the ER6. Plus, it has a small inline module for volume up/down, a center button for pause/play/answer phone. Also a built in mic.

As far as MPG, I get about the same, 58.6 is an average reading. I don't know "true" mpg as I never did the gas fill up/mileage check routine. Has anyone tested the digital reading against the gas fill up/miles between tanks?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Warren

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I was using the ER6i. But since I have bought the iPhone and use it for music, I bought the MC3 "headset". The cable is much better, no where near the constant tangle of the ER6. Plus, it has a small inline module for volume up/down, a center button for pause/play/answer phone. Also a built in mic.

As far as MPG, I get about the same, 58.6 is an average reading. I don't know "true" mpg as I never did the gas fill up/mileage check routine. Has anyone tested the digital reading against the gas fill up/miles between tanks?
I find the digital reading is from 3-8 mpg favorable. If I don't feel like checking the actual I usually subtract 5mpg from the digital reading. I would guess your 58.6 is closer to 53-55 actual. Thanks for the MC3 info. I looked them up and they look pretty good.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
John said: " overall average said 58.9 as I put it away last nite. "

Warren said: "I find the digital reading is from 3-8 mpg favorable."

+ 1 on that. I have recorded most of my calculated mileages along with the digital readouts estimates. I think the closest they've ever been was about 1/2 mpg out. The farthest out I've seen was 10 mpg.

Top Bottom